I'm Brazilian so I'm considered Latino right?

Okay so I was born Curitiba, Brazil but when I was 5 me and my family moved to the U.S. But I looked up and a few people told me I'm not considered Latino, I know I'm not Hispanic because we don't speak Spanish but I have to be Latino since I'm from Latin America right? So in the U.S. Am I put under the Hispanic and Latino category or am I simply white?

BTW I'm a Brazilian of Italian and German descent.

34

Most Helpful Guy

• I know a lot of people resist calling you Latin. As an Italian, I'm also Latin, but often Spanish speaking people seem to not want to consider me in their category!, even though..We were the ORIGINAL Latins, and it's OUR culture that has spead throughout latin America. So bieng both italian and Brazilian, , you have DOUBLE credentials to be called Latino!