I'm Brazilian so I'm considered Latino right?

Okay so I was born Curitiba, Brazil but when I was 5 me and my family moved to the U.S. But I looked up and a few people told me I'm not considered Latino, I know I'm not Hispanic because we don't speak Spanish but I have to be Latino since I'm from Latin America right? So in the U.S. Am I put under the Hispanic and Latino category or am I simply white?

BTW I'm a Brazilian of Italian and German descent.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I know a lot of people resist calling you Latin. As an Italian, I'm also Latin, but often Spanish speaking people seem to not want to consider me in their category!, even though..We were the ORIGINAL Latins, and it's OUR culture that has spead throughout latin America. So bieng both italian and Brazilian, , you have DOUBLE credentials to be called Latino!

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Latino is an ethnicity not a race, there are white, black and even Asian Latinos. You're ethnicity is Latino but not your race... this is where some people get confused with the term

0|1
    0|0
    • its true what the user below be said... the original Latinos and still modern day ones come from italy were I am from. italians are considered white but they are also Latino

• By ethnicity Brazilians are not Hispanic

• Yes

Brazil is in Latin America, but you aren't Hispanic. You're Latino though

White people in America are probably the most culturally ignorant folks on the face of the earth. The only people classified as Latino in their minds are brown mestizos

0|1
    0|1
  • Technically yes you're Latino. Besides that, I know someones grand-parents that were naughty during WW2..

1|0
    0|0
    • My German great grand parents emigrated in 1895...

• Oh, because after the end of WW2 a lot of germans/italians went to Southern America to avoid trials etc:P

• For me you'd just be American. You're from America.

0|0
    0|0
  • To me you're a white Brazilian.

0|0
    0|0
  • You'd be South American, not Latin American.

0|0
    1|1

Recommended myTakes