Big kitchen, big bedroom, or big bathroom?

Say you are in the market to buy a house and you don't have a lot, just enough for a starter home.

With this budget, you can find yourself a house with one of the rooms being the feature- ie a big master bedroom, a big master bath, a nice kitchen, etc.

If you had to choose ONE room to be the feature of your house, what would it be.

Keep in mind this isn't fantasy land, haha. You can't "add on" later- remember, you're just starting out.
I would totally choose my kitchen. I like to cook and lack of cooking space is annoying.

1714

Most Helpful Girl

• I would love a big bathroom with a tub in the middle of the room and a wet room. I would also love a big spacious bedroom with an open fire and an area to chill out and read. But they are luxuries a decent kitchen is more important. The kitchen is the most important room in your house, its where you spend most of your time, it will have the most traffic going through it and it is the place people gather.

I bought my first house at 21 and am now on my 3rd and so have learned what is really important in a house. The kitchen is the first thing people look at and it is what adds value to your house.