Why are people freaking out over this storm?

The max wind speed it said for here was 37 MPH, and now it says like 27 MPH... that is not that bad at all.

53

Most Helpful Girl

• 50mph is the max here...

43
  • Well, I not FREAKED out, but I am concerned. I live in the Tristate area and Sandy is supposed to hit us hard. The winds here are supposed to reach from 45 - 65 MPH.

I also live in a neighborhood that has a lot of old trees! I have 4 huge ones in my yard alone. During any huge storm, there would be damage to any properties nearby. (So far, no damage to my house so far)

• People freak out over weird things. For example, there's this one guy on this site who is always freaking out over processed foods.

• I feel like its not going to be that crazy, but people are deffinitely freaking out over it.

• Its not bad, light flooding but its just raining. We have had worse thunderstorms.

• omg its gonna rain & storm in the northeast. everyone run then duck & cover

• Because it's fun to freak out over it.

• Well with a name like Hurricane Hulk! lol!