Girls, how would you feel if a guy was hitting on you in front of your boyfriend and he didn't seem to care?

And he tells you afterward that the reason he doesn't flinch is because he has full trust in you that you wouldn't cheat.

What would you think?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• i would think that is very nice of him that he trusts me. I would also think it is a good sign in a relationship because he knows I am faithful, and also that he is not insecure, (like always wondering if I'm cheating.)

if a guy was hitting on me (even if I'm not responding) and my boyfriend immediately goes and bashes him up or whatever, I would think that is a bit possessive of him (not good)

so... that's what I think.

0|1
    0|0
    • Just curious, would you not find a bit of jealousy as a simple sign that he cares or feels the need to "protect" you or something? Would him being jealous immediately be a negative for you no matter what?

• for me, a little bit of jealously is nice and sweet (as you said, I would see that as a sign that he cares), but over-protective is not good.

• K, thanks. +1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Exactly what I'd expect him to say! I don't care if guys do that...i've had my ex bf's friends hit on me while I was still together with my ex... I just didn't really pay attention to them or acted friendly

Answer mine please?

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't care- in fact it's less drama if I just tell the guy flirting with me to go away rather than him step in. If the guy doesn't go away though, and my boyfriend still did nothing then I'd be kinda mad that he wasn't sticking up for/helping me.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like a guy who has enough confidence not to be constantly thinking I might fall for someone else, and enough trust in me to realize a guy can try as hard as he wants, it's not going to go anywhere.

That being said- if a guy was hitting on me aggressively and wouldn't leave me alone, it'd be nice if my boyfriend stepped in for some back up- even my guy friends do that for me.

Of course- if he let me handle it and then later admitted a little jealousy- that's cool too. A little jealousy means he cares and it's cute. Of course, there's cute, and then there's getting into a fist fight with the guy at the ice cream store for giving me extra sprinkles...

0|0
    0|0
  • Eh a little jealousy is healthy but I wouldn't freak out if there was none. It's good to know he trusts me.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's exactly what I'd expect him to say.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hey, if he has that must trust in me, then I'll trust him on that. I wouldn't flirt back to the other guy anyway, especially if my boyfriend was right there. Common sense, bro :)

0|0
    0|0
  • The boyfriend didn't care? Either:

(1) he's not interested in me and therefore relishes the fact that I'm getting new attention,

(2) he's interested in the guy and therefore curious about the potential there (personally, not my style, but it's what some guys are into),

(3) he's one of those guys who feels proud that he's with a girl who other guys find attractive,

OR

(4) he trusts me enough to let the flirtation pass.

1|0
    0|0
    • no it just seems like he doesn't care. there's a difference

• If he has no protective feelings about the attention she's getting -- REALLY doesn't care? -- then he just isn't into her.

Recommended myTakes