BIG DEBATE: Do you believe that drinking bring out the subconcious truth on what people truly believe?

In other words, if you people say things out loud when they are drunk, do you think that is what they truly mean. Like if an ex calls drunk saying he misses you? Or a friend saying what they truly think about you?
  • Yes, I do
    Vote A
  • No, I dont
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Yes and No.

Yes, because alcohol is a part of the ingredient in the "truth serum" our government uses to interrogate people. But I am pretty sure that the new truth serum is composed of "the devils breath"- (A dangerous Brazillian drug).

No, because alcohol can affect people differently. So instead of getting the truth out of a drunk person, you'll most likely receive a tantrum.

0|0
    0|0
  • Here's the thing, alcohol makes you have almost no filter on what you say, therefore the first thing that comes into your head is what you say. This usually isn't some long secret but a thought that you didn't take the time to think through.

Yes it is possible to get hidden sober thoughts out of a drunk person, but often it'll be based off an initial impression that they might normally realize isn't true. This is especially prevalent when a person gets caught up in a moment.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dated an alcoholic who only seemed to love me when he was drunk. I feel like alcohol brings out extreme enotional highs and lows and people express their feelings without shame or restraint. I got wasted and drunkenly texted some people in my youth -- at the time I had powerful and overwhelming feelings for them... the next day(s) those feelings were gone.

0|0
    0|0
  • not really I've been drunk before and don't remember anything coming out that wasn't allready out there . I'm not one to say things like that if I've had a few drinks

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes and no

sometimes no cause we can get mad but then again yes case sometimes you mean it.

0|0
    0|0
  • well I dnt drink or smoke, but yes that's true it brings out emotions in a more exaggerated manner

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes but you can never really tell

0|0
    0|0
    • I agree with the male anon

• I think that entirely depends on the person. Similar to how some people are violent when drunk, and others are just happy when drunk. Some people get completely honest, while others not so much. You have to know the person and know their sincerity to realize if being drunk removed the filter that kept them from saying those things sober or if it isn't.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes