Would you get married yet?

Guys,

Would you propose if you were not on solid footing in your career but your girlfriend was?

Girls,

Would you accept the proposal if you knew he wasn't on solid footing, and that he was committed to you ... with or without getting married? Would you wait until he was more established in his career before getting married?

Girls and Guys,

Would you feel hesitation at all if the reason for staying together, moving in, getting married were financial ... that you needed the second income to stay afloat and pursue your career, insurance, etc. ... and love was there but felt like it wasn't the only reason for pursuing the relationship further ... time invested was a reason too.

67

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. Yes I would propose since I'm confident of myself to take charge of and run a family. However, while her money is most welcome, I firmly believe that it's the man who must run the house (nothing macho or MCP about this but as a woman how would you feel if the man didn't contribute to the finances the way he should). Hence, being prudent the guy - me should be earning well enough to run a family and take up the responsibility.

2. Pursuing a relationship, love and compatibility are the only matters. However, to stay that way one requires income and substantial enough to run the family comfortably. Ups and Downs keep happening. What if you are doing well when you get married but (god forbid) run aground in a few years or have a temporary recession? Love will sail you through that period but can't do so till eternity. Hence, it's again only prudent to be financially stable while getting married in 1st place. Love cannot be felt unless expressed and most time expressions requires time :-)