Girls, what are the reasons for growing your fingernails long?

have always wondered why many girls grow their fingernails long and paint them with nail polish?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It's just like taking care of your hair. People dye it, grow it out, and cut it. Why? It looks nice.

- Growing out my nails shows me that they're healthy and painting them is just fun, something girlie to do with my time. I want my nails looking nice.

1|1
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Because it looks nice. Too bad mine are too weak to grow long. I won't even touch fake nails it's just too much for me. I'm happy just painting them silver and wearing a bunch of rings.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have a pet hate of bad hands and fingernails. If a guy had horrid fingernails, no matter how hot he was, I could never date him. I try to keep mine fairly long as I think it looks more femanine. I do paint them aswell. I tend to use the strengthening polish to try and stop them breaking.

0|0
    0|0
  • with the way my fingers are, I think it looks better to have them grown out a bit (not like really long or anything), but I'm also a pianist and playing stimulates the growth of my nails...soooooo yea:)

0|0
    0|0
  • i don't,they're just not practical,but I do see why some do-nice nails are a sign of health,just like hair is,so the longer,shinier,prettier they look,the healthier you seem,and health attracts mates.

0|0
    0|0
  • I just like how they look fake when their long because I love long nailbeds. I haven't been able to keep them long for a while because of labor intensive work. However, I love it when they get really long, they are a great massaging/caressing tool and they honestly feel amazing when I scratch my back with them. Also guys love it when I grow them out and gently scratch the back of their head and neck. You can do some creative, sensual finger movements where you massage with the tip of your fingers and caress with your nails at the same time

0|0
    0|0
  • Because I think it looks nice.

0|1
    0|0
  • scratching device for unreachable areas...

0|0
    0|0
  • Breaking a Guiness world record!

0|0
    0|0
  • Sharp weaponry

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't grow my fingernails long.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because I think they look pretty.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like the look of long fingernails

0|0
    0|0
  • I grow mine long just because. I don't paint them though, that's ridiculous. I started growing mine back in like 4th grade or something to defend myself against a boy who tried to bully me everyday and I guess I just never stopped. I don't let them get too long though, that'd be gross.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes