+1 y

What's wrong with being different sizes?

I really don't understand what all this size bashing is about. It's not even close to fair to tell larger or smaller women that their size is ugly or wrong, and that they should change their body. Yes, there is a point to trying to remain as healthy as possible, but a certain size does not equal 'healthy'. There is no magical size that all women, or even all men, for that matter, should be at.

Can anyone honestly give a reasonable answer why these people (especially women) 'deserve' to be attacked, picked on, for their pants size? We're not talking about morbidly obese people, or people with anorexia, because those are conditions that need help and time to heal. But what about people on the lower side of the size chart, maybe even those who have to wear junior sizes, or those just above or just barely below the 'plus size' range?

I can't understand it.

Please do not remark on my size. I like where I am right now, and my self confidence will not be bashed by people who have no idea who I am. I'm not looking for pity because I've been called fat (boo hoo, I'm over it), but serious answers explaining this vicious trend.
7
0