If a girl was abused, is it also common to have the reverse effect?

I haven't spoken with my father for several years and clearly hate him. He's always been abusive, violent, serial cheater and a hypocrite with double standards. My mother divorced him after I graduated from HS.

Thing is starting in my HS years, I've always gone for bookworms (my first happen to also be a virgin) and those totally different from my father. I also like the quiet places and this is where I find them. Loud places brings me back bad memories.

This is my 4th bf I'm with right now and 3 of them were virgins. The one that wasn't had my similar history of not being around the block. What I've notice is this has been an ongoing pattern, I tend to go for guys very similar to my first bf.
+1 y
All of them are also traditional men with mild temper.
+1 y
I've heard too many times that when a girl's father was abusive, she thinks violent men are normal and goes for them but with me, I hate violent men. I hate my father. I find the sweet, even innocent, bookish men the best.
2
2