Anyone got a some useful guaranteed tips/advice to improve one's confidence?

25

Most Helpful Guy

• Okay i had your same problem with confidence but even worse, cause on top of the low confidence i had i used to think that i am ugly and i was verrrry shy around girls. thank god now i am nothing like that cause i decided to work on myself. Here is some of what i did, i hope u find it useful.
    Before i start, the main thing u need to know is that u can't obtain confidence if u were not satisfied with urself. Once u r Fully satisfied with urself, ur confidence lvl will be OVER THE TOP.
    So basically what we need to do is obtain self satisfaction, and this is how its done. First u ask urself and confess to urself (usually when we hate something about ourselves we try to deny it and thats dangerous); what do i hate about myself? and how do i fix it.
    Here's some of the stuff i found out after i tried to be honest with myself:
    1. weak character. I used to be bullied and put into embarrassing situations and not know what to do or act to it.
    2. Fear, even though i knew i am strong (i've always been athletic) i had fear to face people especially the ones who bully me. When i confronted someone the fear overwhelmed me and my heart pounds really hard so i end up trying my best to avoid confrontation. which can be costly when u do cause u become a tool since people know u won't do anything about it.
    3. very shy and very low self esteem around girls (the reason behind that is number 1 & 2)
    4. thinking i am ugly.
    5. not very social.
    6. feeling not important. Because i had weak character and was bullied in school, i had no respect. No one cared about my opinion, no one cares what i think, if i try to say my opinion to class friends they shut me up saying or just ignore it. in other words, felt like SHYT.

There's more but those ones r the most common problems in males. Here is how i dealt with it (i'l continue in comment since no more space).

• Here's how i dealt with my problems:
      First of all, the fact that i always loved being atheletic helped A LOT. It gave me a lot of confidence and self esteem boost as time passed cause the more athletic i became the more happy and satisfied i was with myself.
      second of all, i decided to face my problems, especially my fear. And facing ur fear is one of the most difficult things u will ever do in ur life and requires a lot of WILL power. So i faced one of the guys who bullied me just to put myself under that fear situation and tried to fight it, we fought. Luckily i did not die but i learned that from now on i will always face my fear and my problems. The fear does not disappear from the first time btw, u need to face it a lot for it to disappear, but one thing for sure is that it definitely gets easier and easier as u do it.

• well now that u said it, i noticed rarely ever get angry. But i think its because i consider those angry-making situations one of the situations im supposed to be able to deal with comfortably, so i don't feel the angriness.

Anyway im glad i was able to help u. good luck man, it won't be easy. but it will be very interesting.

• one last thing, don't forget that the main thing ur trying to achieve is complete self satisfaction.
      Also, don't put in ur mind that u want to change urself, ur not trying to change urself. Ur trying to improve urself. u dont want to be someone who u r not.