Girlfriend texting guy friend she had history with?

I have been dating a wonderful woman for about the last 14 months who I am madly in love with. Things are pretty serious between us and we have come to the understanding that we may want to stay together for a long time and even possibly get married one day. This girl has had many platonic male friends before we met and one in particular that she has confessed to me she had history with a couple of years ago. Luckily for me, she claims it was a situation that they liked each other-kissed once or twice-then decided it would not work out and remained friends. Sounds like a convenient story, but she has never lied to me before and I trust it is true. This male friend of hers has since moved away-actually he moved about a month after we were together. I still can't seem to shake the insecurity that goes along with her staying in contact with this person. He will text her when we are together and it gets really awkward and she will not answer him when she is with me. I even became so paranoid that I checked her phone and saw that they have pretty much been in close contact since we started dating-which was a big wake-up call. The messages seem pretty friendly, but pretty personal-nothing inappropriate from what I can see, but I can't help feeling like she is waiting until I leave and then texting him and acting pretty guarded all the while. She has told me I can look at her phone numerous times to prove that there is nothing more than friendship going on (which I feel like she could just delete any inappropriate message prior to offering to show me), but I always decline. However, I've checked her phone secretly a couple of times, which I feel a bit guilty about. I still have seen nothing innapropriate, although it seems that they are pretty close. I keep telling myself that it's probably nothing to worry about and that we have a really good relationship and love each other, but I can't get it out of my head. I love her and want to be with her. What can I do? Thoughts?
Girlfriend texting guy friend she had history with?
Add Opinion