What should you do when someone had used you?

Fredio234
About 7 years ago I was a freshmen in high school and I became friends with this girl, in which well change names for privacy reasons. My feelings for "Jennifer" continued to developed and after I graduated high school, I finally expressed my feeling towards her ( I'll admit I was an extremely shy high school student) and she said yes. We went out for about 4 months and I'll admit, it was my fault why we broke up. We didn't end on bad terms and agreed to still be friends. We broke up a little more than a year ago now and she's gotten into another relationship, which happened just about two months after we broke up. After she found someone else I didn't talk to her for about 6 months ( Not because I was jealous. The reasons is that she was to busy to talk with me and I was taking 23 units at my university), but after my quarter was over, I went home to see my parents. Because I was home, I decided to text her to see how she was doing. We talk for a little while and it was a nice conversation. After that she started to call me about problems that she's been having in her current relationship, so of course I listened to her and gave her my opinion on the situation. However I started to notice she wasn't listening to me, but constantly called me about the same subject. I came to realize that she only wanted to "vent out" her problems to me, but would continue to go back to the abusive relationship she was in. I found that she was just using me and I was just mad at myself, because she was the first girl I ever cared about and I was blinded to see what she was doing. So what I did was I just stopped contacting her and if she contacted me, I made sure to keep things short and say no to her invites, which by the way, she would constantly invite me out and "flake" last minute. It's been about 5 months now, but I still think about her. I often get the urge to just give her a call. I'm not entirely sure on how to handle this situation or if I'm handling it correctly.
What should you do when someone had used you?
Add Opinion