How did you meet your SO?

How did your friendship/acquaintanceship evolve into a relationship, or was it random? Basically, tell me your 'how we became a thing' story, so me and other lonely peoples can get ideas on how to meet girls please! :)

5626

Most Helpful Girl

• We met on vacation in Costa Rica. A wave introduced us by bowling me over and sending me crashing into poor unsuspecting him. If you ask him what the first thing he noticed about me, he'll tell you it was my elbow as it impaled his rib cage. >.<

You kind of have to talk to someone when you meet like that. Turned out we lived 10 minutes away from each other back in the States. He was the only one near my age at the resort and we had 2 weeks to kill so we hung out the entire time. Then didn't talk for a year and met again on vacation the next year at the same place and this time we got contact information and spent literally the next 3 years glued to our phones texting each other until we started dating.

I was 14 when we met.

I'm 21 now. We started dating when I was 18.

• That could literally be straight from a novel. Lol, terrific meeting.

• Did you seriously text each other for three years before you met again?

• We weren't allowed to see each other. We saw each other on occasion. My brother is a swimmer and so is he. We'd see each other maybe once every two months for about 5 minutes when I'd drop my brother off at practice. But yeah. We did text for 3 years before we dated. Now we have awesome communication skills though lol

Most Helpful Guy

• Back in 1983, my brother and sister-in-law were getting married. My sister-in-law-to-be went to our same church so I obviously knew her and all, but I didn't know her best friend from high school since they lived on the other side of town. I was my brother's best man and Carole's best friend was to be the Maid of Honor. So, at the rehearsal, Carole's best friend (this girl I knew nothing about) and I had to walk down the aisle, arm in arm. After the run through, the minister asked if anyone needed to to go through it again and this girl said "I do, I do.". I thought to myself, geeze, girl, it wasn't that had to remember everything you need to do.

After the practice, our two families and all of the bridesmaids and groomsmen went to a nice pizza restaurant in town. Of course being a bridesmaid, this girl was there. We were sort of expected to sit next to each other in the restaurant. As a result, we started to talk. We found out that both of us weren't in relationships. She admitted that she wanted to do the rehearsal a second time because she had wanted to be able to be arm-in-arm with me a second time because she was starting to have a crush on me.

Since I had flown in to be at the rehearsal and wedding, I had no car and was depending upon my parents to take me back to my boyhood home for the night. She told my parents not to worry and that she would drive me home. We continued to talk after most everyone else left the restaurant. We finally said that we each needed to get home and get some sleep before all of the work we had to do in order to get everything ready for the wedding.

She drove me home and we parked under a streetlight near my house. But we couldn't stop talking. Four hours later, we finally said good night. Even with all that we had to do the next day getting things ready for the wedding, we tried to spend as much time as possible together.

We've been married 30 years and together for 31.