WHy does a man not want to commit to me, but yet doesn't want me to see anyone else?

Anonymous
Ive been casually seeing this man for awhile now...Its kinda a friends with benefits...We have a great time when were together...he has made it clear he don't want to commit...So why is it he gets really mad and p*ssed if I'm talking to another man or if I'm going to see another man...Does he like me more then he's willing to admit?

Little back ground on him...He got divorced 10 years ago...he keeps saying I'm the closest thing he has had to a relationship since then. He has been drunk and told me he loves me many of times and wants a relationship with me...but of course the next day he takes it back...says he was just drunk and he does care about me...but doesn't want to commit.

He knows I would commit to him..but being he wont...I told him we can just be friends with benefits while I date around...until I find a man I want to commit too...But if he hears of me seeing someone..HE GETS PISSED! The second he hears of anything, he rudely all the sudden has to go, then he avoids me for a week..then he's back...till he hears of someone else...

Do men ONLY get jealous if they care or like someone A LOT..or is he just wanting to be free to see other people...but have me all to himself?
1
3