#LoveYourself
VALENTINE'S DAY

How do you bring the romance beyond Valentine's Day?

Welcome to this month's #GAGExpertChat

I'll be here until 11ET / 10CT to chat LIVE on tonight's topic:

What do YOU do? If you're single, what would you do if you had a sweetheart, to bring the romance beyond Valentine's Day?
Beyond Valentine's Day... Think of every day as an opportunity to be romantic. Doing a little something daily keeps the spark alive.

Ask your partner what they think is romantic, then go about doing those things whenever the mood strikes or when they need a little lift. The key is to do what THEY think is romantic.

Romance doesn't have to cost money. Hugs and kisses are free. As are love notes, going for a walk and holding hands, foot rubs, and quality time. Love is free so use it freely.
Hi everyone -

I did a radio interview about this topic and thought you might be interested in listening to it...

http://bit.ly/wtcm-romance

enjoy!

1417

Most Helpful Guy

• Good Question, how DO you bring the romance to a relationship that's more than 3000 miles away.
    (Yes I'm talking about my relationship, Don't think me crazy yet.)

Well, When your at the top of her list of men who makes her laugh daily.
    You can simply just be there and talk to her, but before all this, you might
    Wanna ask her hand in Valentine. ( that was lame, yes. )
    ...
    ANYWAYS.

Yeah, It may sound lame but they love that stuff, depending on the effort you put in.
    ( Asking her to be your Valentine. )

Go ahead ladies, prove me right - Vote this shiz up - ( Kiddin')
    You know yourself, you want the man who you can express yourself too, To ask. right?
    (crickets)
    ...

Lets get back on topic, To get "beyond" the romance.
    I'm limited to what I can do so, my options are very few, but I don't mind. xoxo.

Since I live so far away, from The booboo <3, I would have to deliberately think of how to woo her with my amazing verses involving romance, You're thinking poetry, some may think Haiku's, How about I just send a 150 dollar teddy bear to her doorsteps.. (Kiddin', A Little bit. )

Honestly, I have no clue what to do that is, going beyond romance living more than 3000 miles away? heck, you help me, what do you think? <3

xoxoxo

• My advice is to ask her what she thinks is romantic and then do that

• thanks but, then I lose the element of surprise!
      hahaha that's the funnest part !

xoxo

• Use timing for surprise... Do it when she's not expecting anything.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think calling it romance makes it something "special" but instead it should just be how you treat your partner. Romance is different for every one and for me, for example I couldn't care less about chocolates and roses. I live a beautiful life (when alone and with a boyfriend) and I choose to live like that everyday.

Sitting down to a beautiful dinner, isn't a special night, it's every night. I make a nice dinner, I set the table, I play music and make the lighting special and I sit down to a beautiful meal. Cell phones are turned off, no tv is allowed and conversation should flow, even when I am alone, I may have a magazine, but I focus on the moment, and when I have partner it's just as special.

When you do things like this, it becomes less about trying to do something every now and then to feel special, but, instead having a continues stream of special moments, that never cease to exist. It doesn't have to be expensive, or planed to the T and no one should have to go out of their way. It should just be.

• You got it! Every day is Valentine's Day when you bring it like that :)

• I agree. This is the best way. If you feel like it you go for it, no problem. And is not like you wait until this day for anything "amazing'" to happen, because like you said, you set up the table for yourself everyday. Yes!

Valentines Day

What Guys Said 16

• I'm planning to surprise my girlfriend with this:

When she comes back from her studies in elementary education, I'll have a massage table ready with a fireplace lit up by it. I even included a soft sheet to place over her and a radio with some calm, peaceful music to make her feel even more relaxed. What could be better then coming home to your loved one and being massaged by them? :)

• Think of Valentine's day as just another day, and realize that if I can do it on Valentine's day then it can be done on any of the 364 days left of the year.

• You won't always have the time, but the goal to make things work is to set off time and make time. Even something as little as letting the usual kiss before work linger for an extra second or two can be enough. Or "going to bed early" instead of spending the hour before bedtime on the iPad

• Give her a hug every day and tell her that she's your special little weirdo. Then pinch her butt and run away.

• HAHAHAHAHA that's great

• SUCH A ROMANTIC

• lololol call me crazy but I'd actually appreciate things like that versus anything fancy like an expensive meal or even candle-light dinner?

Being someone's 'special little weirdo' seems much more genuine of a loving gesture than him wracking up his credit card bill for a single night. Would be much better if he didn't run away afterwards though..

• It's no different than the other day. Well if I had a girlfriend (the feels :'( lol ) we would probably spend more time together that day.. although I don't generally like the whole concept of Valentine's day :P

• Just treat any other day as if it is Valentine's Day
    If your in love all the little thing's matter to her? I
    have one okay before you go to work
    Write her a little note saying,
    WHEN IM AT WORK I WILL THINK ABOUT YOU MORE
    AND HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU , AND CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU TONIGHT
    put the note in top of the milk bottle and then she will see
    it when she go's to the fridge for the milk LOL

• Take her to the beach and have a picnic and wine under the stars.

• I'd get her a necklace and take her out some place. Maybe dinner, movie, and then go for a walk if it's nice out.

• I'm a guy... I forget it every year.

Actually I'm single for the last few months. I don't have to even have to remember it this year. Of course you know I will :)

• here's all anyone needs to know you dont need one day to show you care about someone!

• Treat it like any other day, I got you're not only thankful on Thanksgiving and I hope you don't only pinch people on St. Patrick's day ;) but seriously the puerile you love ought to feel loved 24/7/365 and

• Got my girlfriend her favorite flowers because it was Tuesday.

• Valentine's Day normal day :/

• It is just another day for me

• Just another day, unless you are Kay Jewelers/Jared trying to pawn off the latest over-priced diamond ring from DeBeers (who up until recently controlled the world diamond market). I'm a guy, so I never really cared about Valentine's day. After hearing a speech in college about how DeBeers and the jewelry industry manipulated women into equating love with how much a guy spends on a stupid ring made me even less likely to do anything on Valentine's day.

Apologize for the political rant about the diamond industry-enjoy your Valentine's day if you choose to participate.

• How is this even a question? Valentine's Day isn't even romantic... It's staged and expected. It's bullshit and has no spontaneity or genuine romance.

• The question is about romance BEYOND Valentine's Day - the other 364 days of the year

• As I stated romance can't occur on V day. There's not possibility of mystery. Shit's all out in the open. V day is vanity. It has nothing to do with romance. It has to do with girls comparing who got the most monetary stuff.

• I happen to agree. Everybody loses with so many expectations.

• Being rich. LOL. Romance=money

If you don't have money, you can't be romantic, no matter what people say

• I bet a lot of people would disagree. Lots of the ideas given here are free... Love notes, cuddling...

What Girls Said 13

• Good question but personally for me and my boyfriend we try to just do things like joke in a cute way with each other and find always laughing and cuddling make us feel closer together one time he wanted to buy smokes I was comfortable and didn't wanna get out of the warm car so he just went in he came back out with a cute teddy bear for me and there was no special occasion either we had just come from school and had just had a long study session cause I said I`d help him with some of the homework its simple things that are important you don't have to buy them anything its nice if you just feel like it but still its not the end of the world if you even just sending a cute text would probably make their day V day is a good day to have an excuse to be extra romantic I think but it can go beyond it romance can be any day you just need to do small things make a note for them if they`ve had a long and stressful day/week then maybe you could just be there for them and not ask much of them that day if there's something that you do that they like a lot do that for them I know my boyfriends had some exams recently so I plan on going to wait for him after school and just let him know that I understand he's had a lot going on with his exams and that I`m there for him if he needs it I know he would probably like something like that and so thats why I do it and same goes for him with me just rememberer the simplest things can be the best things and I`ve been doing this kind of stuff with him a lot lately I can tell its working just be there do something like make a cute note for them or cuddle a lot with them can't go wrong with cuddles or a cute text :)

• Also its probably gonna be a simple V day like movies or something for us but it will be good whatever it is

• It's the little things

• Yes exactly it really is the little things that count most

• You should show love to the ones you love everyday of the year, it's pathetic to have a day for it. Valentine's day has turned into an obligation holiday, getting her chocolates, a teddy bear, flowers, an then having sex... None of that is love or romance. Valentine's day is about showing love, not materialistic items or lust.

So I will treat it like a 2nd Halloween and have a horror movie marathon on my own, sounds like love to me.

• I enjoy my Valentine's everyday, My SO makes me feel special every now and then, and I don't need a special day to be treated special. :'D Well I would say make relationship interesting, understanding each other and having fun in relationship is important, that makes the spark alive. :D

• A night of videogames and junk food and lots of cuddling. 😊

• @nert73
      Oh how exciting! <3 I hope this turns out very well for you :3

• The good thing about Valentine's day is that you get free chocolates :p

• I wake him up with a kiss:) I also do other things like give him massages before bed hold his hand while we are out together and telling him how much I love him every day. I know it sounds typical but that's how I do it

• Good question! My husband and I aren't really big on Valentine's Day, and have never been throughout our relationship. This year might be different as it's a Saturday and I think we're going out for a nice dinner.

But we show romance in little ways every other day of the year. Mostly through small actions like random foot rubs, back massages, surprise dates, and little insignificant gifts. And he loves to play piano for me which isn't something that a lot of girls get to experience. He's a really good pianist and I like that he's thinking of me when he plays.

• i feel like just continue to appreciate e/o and always be nice and polite

• listen to ed sheeran, cry, and eat chocolate xD

• hahah well... i have no one to celebrate it with

• Ahh, agreed

• Vday is always memorable and... sexy but odd

We used to take a looong lunch break from work
    bring home some super salad to dine on floor in front of sexy, even p*rn TV watch, naked
    then ooohlala and again
    then in the afterglow... oddly would talk about financial planning that would change our life for the better, many times acting on it saved our bacon, as is IQ infused
    Yes, cards, flowers, candy, yadayadayada as well

• Valentine's day this year for me will be spent with my favorite guy, a giant bucket of flavored popcorns (buttered, cheesy, caramel), and The Lord of the rings DVDs (we're both big fans). lol I love my boyfriend. He's my precious. (I've got to tone down my neediness)

Valentines Day