Since breaking up with my ex, I can’t date other women?

At 24 I had my first girlfriend. She was the kind of girl I had been dreaming about. Nice, kind, funny and attractive. I was crazy about her. We dated for a bit over five months but then it all fell apart. She ended our relationship and went back to an ex-boyfriend she dated years ago and cut me out of her life. It hurt me enormously, so much so I nearly had to be hospitalized I was do depressed.

The thing is this was over a year ago, I think about her everyday and she’s never far from my thoughts. After all the pain she gave me I still want her back and I still love her. I haven’t asked any other girls out and whenever other girls get too close to me I push them away. I’ve had a few girls express interest in dating me but I turned them all down. One in particular pursued me for months. I liked her, she was nice and all but (this may sound weird), to me it feels almost like I would be cheating on my ex if I went with another girl, so I told her I wasn’t interested.

I just don’t want to be with anybody else but her. If I can't have her in my life, I don't want another woman. I seriously cannot see myself having feelings for her as intense for another woman that I have with her.

I don’t know why I feel like this.

I don't know what to do.
1
1