Is it inappropriate for my boyfriend to go on vacation with another female?

They used to be friends with benefits before i came along. The only reason they stopped the "relationship" was because we started dating. The fact they still remain friends bothers me so much but my boyfriend insists it's purely just friendship. Weve been together for almost a year and he wants to travel. His goal is to try a new place every year. His friend also loves to travel. Id love to go to all the places he desires to go to but i just dont have the funds to go to a new place every year which he is completely understanding.
This year he wants to go overseas for a week but unfortunately, due to my work i am unable to go with him. So guess who is going with him? His female friend! This just does not sit well with me. I feel like it's completely inappropriate for them to be vacationing for a week together ESPECIALLY given there history. He says im overeacting and they are just traveling as friends.
I just don't know what to do. I feel like if he goes through with this I'll leave him, which hurts me so much because i truly want to be with him. And our relationship has been absolutely wonderful (besides her). Thinking about leaving him makes me sick.
What should i do?
13
7