Please help. My first time cheating?

I went to another country over the summer, while I was over there I made out with a boy younger than myself, im only 17. Im in a long distant relationship, however he comes down to visit me every SUMMER - we have yet to see each other this year. We've been together for three years, and I dont know what to do, but I've thought about telling him in person. Its my first relationship, so I don't even know if I should tell him and if I do what should I say or how should I say this. I feel dirty and I regret kissing that boy. I dont want to lose him but at the same time, I feel like he deserves BETTER. Please, help!!

+1 y
Thank you all so much, specially to my most helpful comment. I know what his values are so based off of that, I can already be about 85% sure that he will not forgive me for this, ever. However I will do just that, I will tell him and be honest because it's so unfair to be with someone who has secrets, specifically the kind that have hurt your partner. I regret this, entirely and I should just hope for the best. If he decides to break up, I will respect his decision 100%.
Please help. My first time cheating?
5
3