Feeling painful with my first girlfriend, dont know what to do?

I dont know why i feel more depressed with my first girlfriend then when I was single. for example, i will send her a message, and i will constantly check my phone to see if she has replied back. I would even check to see if she is online to make sure she didn't just ignore me. i will always have this constant feel that i didn't do enough for her, so rather than studying, i will check online all the time to see what to do to make my girlfriend happy, because of this worry and wrong focused on the wrong thing, i did poorly this year at college... i m a quiet person, never really had a fun life, didn't do much, and i m not a really interesting person. she, on the other hand, loves to go out and have fun, being adventurous, has done a lot, and i always worry that she will one day meet someone who is more fun and interesting than me and leave me for him.

this seriously makes me very depressed, hate myself for growing up to be this boring, but i dont want my family to worry so i really dont have anyone to talk to in person. what can i do now?
3
1