Would you say this to a ex?

My ex and I talked a few days ago, over the phone and he told me that his ex recently got a new job as she lost her other one and it's at a airport doing security and he said it would be interesting when we travel together with and w/o the kids if his ex before me would have to screen us and such and we both said I'd like she might be upset as I'm dating her ex and we both didn't correct one another from not saying we are ex's. Would that mean he's had a change of heart? And doesn't consider me a ex? Or what? As we still keep in contact a lot and he's been telling me I am perfect as well told me I like you a lot and added a lot when he was breaking up with me and when we talked that night over the phone we talked about how his family liked me and vice versa. Does he seem still very interested? Or does it seem like we never broke up or he is wanting to get back together?
in addition he is still attending a wedding with me next month and told me he'd like to stay 3-4 days with me. Would a ex do that? If they weren't interested?
Would you say this to a ex?
1
1