I think I lost my chance with him, what should I do?

There's a guy I've known since 6th grade and we went to 2 dances together this year. Last summer he was flirting with me and I didn't really like him. He asked me to homecoming and I said yes, thinking it was as friends. (I liked another guy but we weren't dating) He thought it meant we were dating so you can probably see how this turned out bad. We went together and my friend kept trying to get us to kiss but I didn't like him at the time so I got mad at her. Later I found out he really liked me and we talked about it, he got really sad. A few days later the guy I liked asked me out. We dated and broke up 4 months later. At that point he started to like my best friend, and still likes her now. I've liked him for a while now, he's the sweetest guy I know but I think I've lost my chance. It's pretty clear he only thinks of me as a friend and he thinks I'm kinda crazy because I'm pretty weird around him. We're good friends but he told me he really likes my friend. The thing is she doesn't like him and wants me to date him. He's never had a girlfriend and never kissed anyone, he always gets rejected. I feel bad because he's a great guy. Do you think I could ever have another chance with him?
I think I lost my chance with him, what should I do?
Add Opinion