Is it normal to be scared out of your mind of loving someone so deeply?

I've been together with my best friend for 2 months now, though I've loved him much longer than we've been together. We became friends over 3 years ago and my love and attachment to him has only grown stronger over the years. He has loved me to, or so he says, since before we became friends. Right now we've come to the conclusion that we're both absolutely terrified of loving each other as much as we do right now. We're both fairly quiet, keep-to-yourself, introverted people, so we don't have much dating experience. I've had two prior boyfriends but none of those relationships were nearly as intimate and close as this one. I never let anyone get close to me because I have trust issues. I have never ever loved anyone as strongly, and deeply as I do my boyfriend right now. But this scares the hell out of me because I'm afraid of losing him, and I'm afraid of hurting him, and I'm afraid of being hurt. Is this normal? This overwhelming fear of love? What do we do?
2
6