(Im his first girlfriend) A almost 7 month relationship, going through a bumping road, I need Help! what should I do?

Hey everyone,
so my boyfriend and I have been together for almost 7 months, right now we are on a bumpy road in the relationship. he is 3 years older than me. I am his first girlfriend and his first everything. When we first started he was pretty excited and really into the relationship. NOTE: i see him once a week or twice if we are lucky due to his schedule college and work!!! we live 40 mins apart, he drives to see me or pick me up but im 6-7 months months to driving... As time started passing we started growing more comfortable with each other yet the exitment started slacking. For the past 2 months I've been feeling like he isn't excited anymore. I spoke to him yesterday and told him that I wasn't getting as much attention as I wanted, everyone around us is noticing how we are. They recommend us being friends cause he might not be ready for a relationship. I really do like the guy and gave him the option of being friends but he says that he wants to try and fix it. His friends love me, and his family likes me. I gave him space, support, good communication, empathy, and good bonding. My part is good, we just need to work on better communication and seeing us more. because its hard. I mentioned it to him and he said that he isn't excited as he used to be but that he wants us to fix our relationship. I am willing to work it out cause i really want to be with him, but lets see what happens!!! In the beginning he used to always surprise me, now its like ehhh we are wayyy to comfortable almost as friends i mena its good that we can chill at home but still lets go bowling one day or movies? something!! :(
Should we try and work it out
Should we be friends
GirlGuy
1
3