My 2yrs older boyfriend broke up with me after he went to study abroad, and now there's a guy who has feelings for me but he's 9 months younger?

Ok, so both of these guys are the sons of my mother's two best friends.
I had been on a relationship with one of them for 5yrs now, but he broke up with me soon after he went to study abroad and he was suffering from deppression, of course i didn't argue because i understood him and i didn't ignore him i kept in contact with him, he went through a lot, i wish i had been there with him but i couldn't, i thought we'd get back together but i was wrong, because when he got better he found himself a new girlfriend, so he ignores me now, and doesn't talk to me, even if i text him he reads the message but does not reply until a day passes by, but he still stalks me, ask about me and he called me by mistake, it's because he's the son of my mother's friend i always see him whenever he comes back home to visit, and i always catch him staring at me when i'm not looking, but he says he loves his current girlfriend and he even brags about her in front of me, i feel like he still likes me but at the same time he doesn't, he told me not to wait for him and if the right guy came i should pursue my happiness, what is he thinking?

On the other hand there's a guy who's head over heels for me, and he's also one of my mother's friends son, he's so sweet and nice, he's working really hard and is doing his best to impress me, his mom is also giving my mom some hints about her son's feelings towards me, he's always the one texting me first and he knows so much about me to the point he went all the way into figuring out my shoe size!.
Bottom line is, i never considered dating a younger guy, and my ex is hurting me so much with his mixed msgs and it hurts even more when i see him and his girlfriend , Should i wait for him and see if he still loves me?, or Should i give the other guy a chance? And What do you guys think about my ex's behaviour?, and is it really okay to date a younger guy?

Thank you guys,
1
1