Why is it my boyfriend's opinion means nothing?

I hate my body. I think I'm fat, my boobs are big & floppy, my stomach is flat but not as slender as I want it to be. I hate my arms because they're wide from the side. He constantly says I'm beautiful but I disregard it because men are obligated to say/think that about their girlfriend/wife. I don't care if he "loves me for my personality, etc." It means nothing if I don't look good. In a culture where looks arbitrate how you're viewed, I feel I don't amount to anything.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you just need to improve to improve your confidence a little bit. If you think you are not looking that good, you can work on your looks, looks can be fixed.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Think about it like this, you are very lucky to have a loving boyfriend who says you're beautiful and means it. Not everyone has that. Dont spend time being sad about what you're not and spend time loving the guy you have cause he sounds great. Dont focus on your imperfections for so long then you realize the person who loves you for you is gone.

0|2
    0|0
    • "loves me for me" means nothing if it means "loves me for my disgusting features"

• he doesn't see you like that. thts what you think.

• What a pleasure you are, you called your boyfriend a liar in other comments, and you hate the way you look...

So, what in the hell do you want from us? Let me break this down for you, your "question" can be summed up in a statement "I hate how my body looks, my boyfriend is a lying asshole for telling me I'm pretty, I am worth nothing if I am not attractive and anyone who says otherwise is a liar".

Even I'm now questioning why your boyfriend stays with you, because your personality (which is only concerned with looks apparently) surely can't be the reason. You literally "don't care if he "loves me for my personality"".

So I ask you again, you make yourself miserable because you equate physical attractiveness to value as a person. WHAT THE HELL DID YOU WANT FROM US THEN? Honestly... biggest turn off in the world right here.

0|0
    0|0
  • This is a big turn off

0|2
    0|0
  • because you dont love him.

0|2
    0|0
  • I honestly feel that way a lot of the time too... And I'm sure you've already thought about this, but this is how I kind of accept it -- I doubt he would say that if he didn't mean it. He would avoid the topic altogether, you say he is constantly telling you that you're beautiful. He most likely truly believes that you are beautiful. And being with you makes him happy. I know that that will not fix the way you see yourself or how society may see you, but in my opinion, he does think you're beautiful, and that should count for something in itself. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • He's not obligated to lie to you to make you feel better.

0|0
    0|0
    • He probably is lying

• Show All
    • Being lied to? No.

• That's in your head

Recommended myTakes