Am I being too hard on myself?

Yesterday my boyfriend an I were hanging out with my cousins and we were drinking. He was with my cousin smoking and he passed out. At first I thought he was playing and I didn't pay him much attention until I called his name and saw that he wasn't getting up. My cousin helped him onto the couch and then he woke up. I feel really bad for not being more attentive and thinking he was playing. How do I stop holding it against myself that I didn't act faster when he passed out?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd explain why I didn't pay much attention to him. That's all you can do and I'm sure you'll feel better when he says he understands and that is ok. It wasn't your fault or like you don't really care about him anyways, so there's no reason to keep feeling guilty :)

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You should explain as to why you didn't pay attention to him, give him reasons.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• dont be hard on your self he made his choice un wisely. the only thing u can do is tell him how u feel. n next time he drinks just dont let him over do it. or just make sure u tell him to take it easy on the drinks. tell yr ppls not to give him more then he can not handle.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes you are being too hard on yourself, you weren't to know, and he survived so all good

0|0
    0|0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes