Am I being too hard on myself?

Yesterday my boyfriend an I were hanging out with my cousins and we were drinking. He was with my cousin smoking and he passed out. At first I thought he was playing and I didn't pay him much attention until I called his name and saw that he wasn't getting up. My cousin helped him onto the couch and then he woke up. I feel really bad for not being more attentive and thinking he was playing. How do I stop holding it against myself that I didn't act faster when he passed out?

31

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd explain why I didn't pay much attention to him. That's all you can do and I'm sure you'll feel better when he says he understands and that is ok. It wasn't your fault or like you don't really care about him anyways, so there's no reason to keep feeling guilty :)

Most Helpful Guy

• You should explain as to why you didn't pay attention to him, give him reasons.