Do I have a problem in front of me with my boyfriend or its not a big deal?

So I noticed that my boyfriend is very similar to me, thats one of the reasons why I fell for him. His personality, his ways, his behavior, etc are all too similar to mine. But once we got closer intimately and eventually became a couple, his personality and ways started getting in the way of our relationship and causing problems. For example, he is majorly stubborn... but so am I. I just get turned on at how confident he is with the way he sees things and I could relate. He doesn't let anyone define his life or him as a person because he knows who he is and he's just so confident which is how I am. I've always been known to be hard-headed and confident, not let anyone put me down or get to me. So whenever he shows that side of him, I get turned on and I love it. BUT when its involved within our relationship, it really frustrates me. Sometimes he is so stubborn and not compassionate with me that I feel like he doesn't love me but then I remember thats just how he is and it has nothing to do with me plus I like that about him. However, even though I am like that too I do put it aside for him. Im not that stubborn or hard-headed with him because of how I feel about him. So that leads me to think if I can put it aside for him then he can too but he seems to have trouble doing that. Don't get me wrong though, I am so happy to say that recently, he has been putting it aside a lot and being vulnerable. But because it is a part of who he is, i just want to know how to handle it cause I know its going to happen again, where he is so hard-headed and I feel unloved. Thats just how he is.

10