I hooked up with this girl who has a thing with my friend, TWICE. We're starting to develop feelings for eachother. How am I supposed to handle this?

One of my best friends since 2nd grade has been talking to this girl for a while now. On New Years we hooked up behind his back. We were texting and we agreed that it was bad and we shouldn't do it again, but last weekend we hooked up again. We both admitted we have a connection and I really am starting to get feelings for her... to the point where it makes me mad to see them together. I feel like a snake because I'm literally stealing her from one of my best friends. i actually can't control myself around her. I don't want to let her go and I don't know what to do.

69

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all, the heart wants what the heart wants, but in this case, it sounds like this girl is pulling both of your strings. I'm not going to lay blame on her, but before I say what I'll say - there are women that get off on doing things like this, so you really need to be careful with that one. And if she'll do it to your friend, she'll do it to you.

Secondly, you really need to tell your friend. If your friend and that girl aren't actually 'dating' but have just been talking and showing interest in each other, then she's "technically" fair game. That said, what you did to your friend was just wrong and when she came on to you, you should have told your friend immediately. It's likely he would have said "aight playa', have at it" - he might have understood more than you know unless he's head-over-heels for her, in which case you would have known that to begin with and makes what you did that much worse!!

So if your friend and her aren't actually in a relationship, you need to tell him that it happened. You need to tell him that it wasn't planned, and you really felt like shit about it and still do. He will probably be pissed at you, and you'll deserve it, but at the same time it will show him that you value his friendship.

There are billions of women on this Earth and finding a woman that you have a 'connection' with is fairly easy, but you cannot replace a lifelong friendship - you just can't. So you have a decision to make: is she worth losing a lifelong friend over? Is she really? And the other question is "can you trust her?"

You're gonna' have to man the fuck up and let him know what's up, and if you decide you need this girl, then you're going to have to tell her to stop playing with him.

The heart wants what the heart wants, but you could've handled the situation a lot better, so now you have a responsibility to be honest with your friend and try to get ahead of this thing.

Hope this helps.

Most Helpful Girl

• Does your friend like her aswell? It's really up to the girl though. Whom she likes and whom she wants to be with, is not a decision your best friend can make. It's not like they're in a relationship together anyways

• He would be pissed if he found out. I don't know who she really wants to be with but I know she has feelings for me

• Thought it was a guy's code thing, not touch ones girl once he was interested in her