Ldr argument, what to do?

So recently I went to a friend of ours online for advice about what guys like for an anniversary gift. Turns out my boyfriend got upset by me telling him that we were a thing. So he told our friend that he denied the relationship. He said he feels betrayed that I told him and that it bothers him. But I also feel betrayed that he denied our relationship.
I don't know what to do I me we discussed the issue and basically said there's not reason to keep the current convo going. So we stopped talking. Should I just give him space? This is all ugh And forget about it or what?

01