Would you dump the girl/guy you love because your parents or family don't like him/her?

• Yes
  • No

8448

Most Helpful Guy

• The way I see it is that you can regret listening to your parents for the rest of your life or not listening to them and following your heart for the rest of your life.

The most bitter older people I've ever met were always those who didn't follow their heart. I never met an old man who proclaimed, "You know what? I'm really glad I didn't pursue that girl I was madly in love with in my youth!"

Instead I know many of the opposite type. However foolish, there's few I see as being more potentially bitter than those who deprived themselves of their biggest dreams and hopes in response to the advice of a friend or even family member.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, because all though I do respect somewhat of what my friends and family think, at the end of the day I'll be potentially spending the rest of my life with that person who makes me truly happy. My friends/family aren't going to be my partner