Am I a bad person for hoping?

I love my best friend, it's beyond a crush. It's been five years. However, he has a girlfriend. Am I a bad person for hoping they break up soon? It's just that it hurts to know he's interested in someone else.
  • Yes
  • No
  • Other (explain)
    Vote C

45

Most Helpful Girl

• Hey,

Firstly you're still really young, so its completely normal to have these feelings. Im sorry you are going through the pain of watching him be interested in someone else. But it is never right to wish negativity on relationship especially you're best friends , because I'm certain you wouldn't want anyone to wish for you're downfall. If they do break up however, I encourage you to tell him how you feel, so that you can either get a) closure or b) develop the relationship that you've been dreaming of.

I hope this helps!

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't consider you a bad person for wanting them to break up. It is natural to want to be with the person you have feelings for. Just don't do anything to break them up because that would make you a bad person.