Do you feel that my ex genuinely wants to get back together or just wants sex?

We were together for 5 years. We've been broken up since summer 2015. He was distant and we didn't talk. Since then he's gotten a new girlfriend. Still, he would occasionally call me and ask me how I'm doing. He would even say that he still loves me but it's complicated. Since then I've gotten a boyfriend as well. I care for my boyfriend but our relationship is rocky and the communication is bad. We've been together since November but I've known him since the summer. Today, my ex kept on insisting I sleep with him (this is not the first time). He mentions how he misses the sex and keeps convincing me to go for it. I continued to turn him down and he got defensive. He basically told me that he was trying to get with me but my constant turning him down has forced him to feel like I don't care about him. I simply don't want to have sex with him for the heck of it, first, I'm still with my current boyfriend hence we're not on the best of terms and second, he never actually came out and said 'I want to work things out' he just talked about sex. He got defensive and said 'I hope he's worth it'. But why? I obviously still care for my ex, but I don't understand why he's acting like I dumped him. What does he want? When I tried to text him back, he never texted back? Is he angry that I won't sleep with him or do you feel that he genuinely wanted to work things out?
1
1