My boyfriend is insecure, how can I help?

Butterlyalwaysxx
Me and my boyfriend have been together for 1.5 years. We have broken up once due to the fact that he felt as if he wasn't able to make me happy and he left so I was able to find that person. He made me unhappy because I felt like I was being taken for granted and he wasn't putting a lot of effort into the relationship.
We got back together as he realised he made a mistake, and ever since he's been incredibly wonderful and never wants to make me feel unhappy or insecure, he also said that he never wants to leave me again.
Because of the breakup, he knew that it would be difficult for me to trust him that he wouldn't leave again, and I am having difficulties trying to believe him when he says that he'd never leave me again (because a week before we broke up he told me he'd never leave me, and he did). I do however know that he was incredibly miserable without me, and he realised the way he used to treat me wasn't good, hence why he's never treated me that way ever again.
Now we are back together, he's always scared that because he's left me feeling insecure (if he'd leave again), he scared that I'll find someone 'better', someone who doesn't make me feel insecure and I'd leave him for that other guy. (Obviously I'd never do that as I love him and I only want him, but he doesn't seem to realise).
Due to the breakup, he's left feeling insecure that I'll find better and leave him, and I'm scared that he'll leave again. The reason why is because whenever I tell him I'm scared he'll leave again, he starts to worry that because I'm insecure with him, I'll find someone that doesn't make me insecure and leave, so I end up feeling guilty for telling him when I feel insecure because I never know if he'll feel like I deserve better again and leave me.
What do I do?
2
2