Irrationally afraid of being cheated on?

Im a 19 year old girl with pretty bad anxiety and tend to obsess and worry a lot. I'm currently in the very beginning of my first relationship with my best friend. We get along so well and I'm super comfortable around him so this seemed like the next logical step. I care for and like him more than anyone I've ever had feelings for and I know I can trust him. Despite all of this, i can't help but think about what would happen if he cheated on me. I would be devastated and I honestly don't know if I could handle it. I'd have no one to go to as he's the one I normally go to. I'm terrified of this becoming a reality. The only other relationship he's been in he was cheated on and I know it scarred him. He has had a fair amount of sexual partners in his past, which somewhat adds to my worry. He told me all of this and kind of assumed I might be worried he would go out and cheat, but reassured me he could never and would never do that. I guess this is more of my insecurities than anything, but even though I do trust him I can't shake this fear. I'm terrified of trusting someone and being betrayed which in turn causes these fears, even with someone I do trust... If that makes any sense. How can I work on myself to move past this fixation and not be consumed by this irrational fear?
Irrationally afraid of being cheated on?
Add Opinion