Is it possible to literally not remember the reason you liked someone's photo on FB?

Odd situation that I wouldn't get into too deep but said person claims they have absolutely no idea why they liked a certain picture. Logically to me, I could be wrong, I don't see how someone can't recall at least a possible reason. I understand a EXACT specific reason may be a bit difficult to give if it was quite a long time ago, but, let's be real, do you really think it's impossible to look at a picture and completely not be able to come up with one plausible reason that you could have wanted to "like" it. Not one reason under the sun. The only answer you can claim to have is: "I can't remember".

And yes this person is my boyfriend who it now turns out had a thing for another girl in the early phases of us dating. Apparently he cannot under any circumstance remember why he liked a few of her photos (she's alone in the picture, selfie style). If he could be honest and just say I thought she was pretty it's another story and I could accept but he absolutely refuses to give me a reason and says I'll only assume he thought she's pretty which he claims he doesn't think. I don't mind people being straight up. But to try and tell me he cannot sincerely remember ANY reason why he would like another girl's picture is odd to me.
4
1