What should I do if my boyfriend wants to move home but doesn't feel right asking me to move as well?

I've dated my boyfriend for 2 years now. We love each other and are serious. I'm from a small town, lived on a ranch my whole life. I love being close to nature but honestly have always felt I've never quite fit in with the people here and it's more apparent the older I get (24). I've known since I've met him (32) he's planning to move back home after his son graduates high school who is 15. He's from a big city 18 hours away. I've met his family and been there a few times which he wants to move to be with them more. He loves me but is torn, he doesn't want to ask me to move because he feels I wouldn't be happy and doesn't know what to do. He doesn't want to keep dating to string it along if we won't make the move. I personally have given it a lot of thought and think it would be the best for me to leave my hometown to grow more as a person. I love my family and would miss them, but they also have been very sheltering and there are some strains. What should I do?
As a side note I've always known from the start he was planning to move home eventually.
+1 y
Well we had our talk. He doesn't see it any other way than to break up. He has no answers for how long or if forever. He says he's depressed, and drinks to hide the negative thoughts, and worries about me so much he doesn't want that distraction. He first was going to move home, now I'm not even sure about that. We are still living together with the intent I get the house. He's not moving all his stuff though just storing some. He says it's not me and he loves me.
1
1