Girlfriend still texts her ex 9 months after their breakup and it's really bothering me?

We're both 18. So my girlfriend had to leave her country and come to the UK and subsequently break up with her boyfriend of over 2 years. It's been 9 months since she moved and she is now currently in a relationship with me for the past few weeks. We started talking about 2 months ago and there was definetly a lot of interest between us, she was even insecure that I would truly like her. We text the whole time, her texting first nearly most of the time and we hang out a lot too. I remember her telling me early on when we were getting to know eachother that she tried to keep the relationship with her boyfriend going after she moved here but then they just stopped talking cos it couldn't work out. She seems to be over him, it's been quite some time since the breakup, and why would she get herself into a relationship if she wasn't over her ex? I often see texts on her phone from her ex boyfriend, but her replies are often very short one word replies or 'haha's' but I'm uncertain who is initiating these conversations.
Though I sometimes feel that in some fantasy world of hers she would move back to Poland and be with her ex, I feel as if that's what she wants but I'm just what she has. I know that their relationship has left an effect on her, that's quite a long relationship for a teenage couple and the fact that she's been in love with someone before me really bothers me. Should I ask her why she is still texting him or will this just create problems?

3
1