I am in love with a guy who doesn't want a relationship now...

in January he broke up with his girlfriend of 6 years...He knows that I like him very much and I am already in love with him!But he doesn't want to start a new relationship now.It hurts me a lot because I really love him but he wants to be free.I have tried to back off emotionally from him many many times.But always when he sees it ,he is the one who comes to break the ice and gets me close enough(but not too close) again.It can't be because he doesn't want to lose me as a friend-for being friends it is too late-a month ago we spent a night together in his apartment,he initiated. Some week ago he told me not to worry if I see him talking with other girls,it is not like he is going to kiss them .

Now we are going to spend next 2 months very far away from each other.But he told me that he will answer to my messages and he will write.He usually never writes anything himself and he doesn't like replying...

Very often when we are talking in company of our friends about our future plans(starting from where to live to how many children I would like to have) ,he seems very interested in what I say.We are both planning to continue studies somewhere abroad but both haven't yet decided.And when I mentioned one particular country as one my version,he seemed very eager to agree because this is one of hos own possibilities as well...

Any advices what can I do now?to wait while he is ready to have a girlfriend?or get over him once for all.I have liked him when he still was together with his girlfriend and he knew it.
2
1