How do you treat the elderly?

How do you treat the elderly?

427

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that we should treat the elderly with kindness and consideration that we would show anyone else. You know these people have a lot to offer us and if we take the time to listen... we just might figure out where we will be in our old age. Treat them as though they have been on this planet long enough to know a thing or two. Ask them questions about their youth, about their children their life experiences in general. I have a few older friends and they probably are some of the coolest people I know. Do yourself a favor... when you ask a question... be sure to listen... it is almost like unwrapping a gift you never knew you wanted.
    Cherish the old... experiences don't change as much as the era's do... you will be surprised at how similar you might be to an older person!!!

Most Helpful Girl

• Like everyone it's not because they're old they should get a special treatment. In my country elderly feel like they must have a special treatments and are rude, it's very annoying. Hopefully they aren't all like that.

What Guys Said 26

• I treat them with a slightly increased level of respect and care where their fragility seems obvious but other than that I treat them like any other people. They get as much respect as they give. I'm a polite person by default anyway so it's not like I was ever going to be knocking them over in the street.

• Every time I see an older person, I see myself in them. They are to be treated with respect for having braved this harsh life, and revered, for one day, if we manage to live as long, we will be in their place. This culture worships the young, but it has it backwards...

• more care, more affection , more understanding because you dont know what family they come from, some have it really rough so a little kindness always helps

• you should treat them with all the respect that they deserve. Of anything. Just for having lived through so much life that has occured. in their lives.

• i treat them with respect but it seems western governments are seeing them as a burden and as they cut funding in health sevrices and social care to look after them the mortality rates in america, britain and france to name just the main ones is reflecting this. the uk alone saved 310 billion dollars by letting the old die early just last year alone.

• With respect and care, obviously.

• With great respect

• With respect.

Most of us will get there one day.

• Like shit

• I respect them more than me those who r alive and m seeking for their blessings always Those who r died I ever pray for their departed soul to be rested in heaven Aameen

• Like I want to be treated in 20 years.

• I treat them with dignity and respect, the way you all are going to treat me in 20 years. lol.

• like any other human being, just because you're old does not mean you're special.

I do treat others with respect.

• With respect. And the same as people of any age - no different , if you treat them like they're old they might feel old. I'm no ageist :-) .

• Nicely I hope

• with a cattle prod

• With respect. Too many people brush them off but there's a lifetime of knowledge in there

• With respect

• With Respect. always.

• respectfully !!

• Respectfully

• they tell me the secrets about my parents. we get along well.

• I respect them for sure

• im Asian I don't bother :P

• with a cyanide sandwich

• with respect

What Girls Said 3

• With respect. It's how I was brought up.

• normally with respect

• With care