What kind of gift did you get from your SO for your birthday or anniversary?

Yesterday, a conspicuous moment in our relationship passed... a reunion of sorts. He remembered for a change. I was literally crying 😢. He never remembers shit like this.

And he got me this:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Said to me, he's afraid ill fall in the toilet and get stuck. ... and that now, ill have someplace to put my feet so that they won't be dangling in the air when I use the bathroom. I am going to kill him.

Anniversaries, stuff like this really aren't important to me... I forget my own birthday... but this is kind of an emotional one for me for very specific reasons... however, we often give each other a bit of shit for fun, and I'm fine with this, actually he took an uncomfortable situation for me and made it into a light situation, actually a pretty savvy move on his part... he followed up with a text this morning saying he got us reservations to my fave Italian restaurant, so he's gonna make good

1117

Most Helpful Guy

• He seriously got you that? Hey... there's always HIS B'day he can't avoid and you know what they say about paybacks...

On our anniversary, we usually get something that benefits both of us. One year we bought our 2nd lawn mower. Another, we bought a new clothes washer. Last year we got a new love seat to replace the one we had. This past year we replaced our stove, microwave, and dishwasher.

B'days are different, and we each try to get something the other one needs or wants. That toilet seat thingy is classic. I'll have to remember that!

Most Helpful Girl

• I didn't get a gift for our last anniversary, we went out to an art gallery and a buffet instead. For my birthday, I got some flowers and a book 😊

What Guys Said 16

• funny but also a bit inappropriate for the event unless paired with another gift

i tend to get my wife things she can use, wear or otherwise do something for her. like for her birthday this year i rented a house in the poconos and invited some friends up for a weekend. we went on a tour of waterfalls in the pocono mountains

• He should have gotten you the Squatty Potty!

• Response to update: I'm glad he came through for you and I'm glad you were not in a rush to criticize him!

• I mean its not really an anniversary... I wasn't mad or upset at him... I was more stressed about the day... I laughed at first... but I'm still gonna kill him just cuz

• think again... really smart of him to bring u this..

as a lot of people suffer from colon cancer and colon issues.. because when u take a sht.. and ur feet are not in a relaxed degree for your colon.. there will be issues and through time.. you'll end up with a fucked up colon

so thank him for doing something not many bfs do

• I don't understand you. Are you happy or sad about it?

I read the others responses and see the others gifts are quite somewhat costly. Something i couldn't afford with my paycheck in months.
    Now is the moment i should really embrace my singlehood. i keep getting used to the perks of being single 🤔

• I lol'd. Genuinely.

• I got a hug.
    Oh wait, that was just me dreaming of having a girlfriend. Nevermind.

• I now know what to get my SO for her birthday! 😁

• If i had a S/O i would give her a card and money and dozen of roses.

• Money? Big no no

• Still haha it feels like something my grandparents would give me. Personal gifts are always better, I'd rather get a cute poem or something 😁 Or chocolate, chocolate always works. Unless she's lactose intolerant.

• @periphery Yes okay I'll remember that if i ever get a SO LOL Thanks for your advice.

• hahaha, first I think it's a gift what it was elected by your boyfriend and I gues he's must be funny man . lol I can't hold my laught , please forgive me

• he thought about it... tought counts, right?

• looks to me like he wants kids.

• How very thoughtful. How small are you?

• Sterling Silver Bracelet. I love it, best gift they ever gave me.

• Wow he loves you a lot :D

• Garth brooks tickets

• Lol he did not actually buy you that, did he? 🤣🤣🤣

What Girls Said 10

• The gifts I remember from past birthdays and anniversaries were two sweatshirts, multiple dinners, two collectible books, a large faerie figure (I collect them), a rice cooker that I wanted, my promise ring, and a bunch of chocolate roses.

• 😂😂 if it weren't the only gift that would have been hilarious!

I got a preserved rose under a glass dome for our anniversary and a meerkat experience for my birthday. He's amazing with gifts 💗

• I got all kinds of kitchen stuff that I had hoped for for my birthday and we went to an escape room. For our anniversary we went to a spa hotel and spent the weekend. 😊

• my bday - a beautiful butterfly necklace with a really pretty butterfly case and a romantic steak dinner
    his bday - balloons, plant, cards

anniverary - i got him, chocolate, shampoo, card
    he got me - flowers, card.
    but i had a big fight with him

• Nothing really, not even a card or flowers cause he forgot. Sigh -.-

• Yeah... fortunately for me anniversaries and things aren't that important cuz he is not good at remembering

• My then fiance whose now my husband got me a guitar for my birthday. since I love guitars that was sweet

• Why are you with him? When he's like that? Like is that all he got you?

• Lol... its not actually a real anniversary... its more a... remembrance of misfortune.. I wasn't upset at him, he made light of a stressful situation... the I'm gonna kill him was more of a I'm going to get even in a playful way really... I didn't know it at the time but he already had plans for us that were quite nice... and he just arranged a trip for me to Asia with him that we just got back from... so.. I'm still gonna get him back... but he's not in the dog house

• That's good. Like I can understand joke gifts, just not only giving joke gifts. Lmao.

• His birthday - fishing rod
    My bday - earrings
    His bday - a week trip in Europe
    My bday - I am highly suggesting a trip to Asia

• I showed this to my roommate. He said that your SO is one brave man! Lol 😂

• I'm dead. Your dude is a hero of all people.