When going to a fancy restaurant, who pays?

In the relationship, when going to a fancy restaurant, who pays?
When the bill is $100+

• Im a guy and I would pay all of it
  • Im a girl and I would pay all of it
  • We would take turns (he/she pays all one day, I pay all the next time)
    Vote C
  • We would split the bill (half half)
    Vote D
Select a gender to cast your vote:

1420

What Guys Said 20

• I will pay for dinner. I ask girls on dates; not usually the other way around.

Although, there is a girl I've been seeing kinda regularly and she always offers to pay for stuff. So she buys the drinks sometimes. I just prefer to pay for most of the dates since I'm usually the asker and I have more disposable income.

• She pays

• depends on the relationship. each relationship needs to define the roles the individuals play and in the case of finances in my opinion it should be dependent on the financial situations of each person and their capability to pay for stuff

• When you're in a relationship it doesn't really matter. If it was a first date , then the asker should pay.

• Ro-sham-bo!!!

If you're already in a relationship, I think it's mostly just taking turns unless things get really lopsided, like one person pays for a $100 dinner, then the other pays for a $20 lunch, they might also pay for dinner or another lunch before shifting back.

• If it's not a holiday or birthday it should be split 50-50 right down the middle Dutch Treat

• We take turns.

• If first date, guy should pay, if its something related to the guy, guy should pay, if its a normal dinner, take turns, if its something related to girl, she pays, easy.

• If we're a couple then I would pay. If it's a date then maybe split it but I would still offer to pay out of principle and just feeling like I should.

• what does fancy have to do with this

• All those who are for gender equality voted for D.

• Whoever orders and eats.

• I would have no problem in paying for 3/4 of the bill.

• The one who finishes the meal last ๐Ÿ˜‚

• The one who invites should pay, no matter if they are a man or a girl. If you both agreed on this date, then you should split it, as simple as that

• I'd say whoever invited or chose the restaurant should pay.

• We're married so I guess both of us?

• It's the way it is

• According to social standards when splitting a bill, girl should pay 20% and guy pays 80%.

• girl pays or we're going to McDonalds. :P

What Girls Said 14

• I tend to go with either splitting or we both take turns. But if it's expensive we both tend to prefer splitting since it makes it less of a shot to the wallet. Not that we couldn't afford it, but we both like to budget and save our money so keeping things equal is ideal. However we do spoil each other every once in a while.

• I don't get those fancy and expensive restaurant dates. It shouldn't be about the price, that matters but the time spent together. I prefer cooking together instead ๐Ÿณ . Cheaper, yummier and more fun.

• Depends what the occasion is. If it's for a birthday the other person would pay, a promotion or success celebration type thing the other person would pay.
    If it's an anniversary or just because we go 50/50

• As a general rule, we take turns paying or split the bill, no matter how much the cost is.

• Usually we either split it or one of us pays and the other pays next time.

• You could split the bill. If the relationship has passed the initial stage, it could also be whoever invited. Sometimes is nice to treat your guy.

• We take turns paying for stuff in general. We aren't really into fancy places, but if we go to one its usually because I want to (very rarely), so I pay for it. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• While it's always nice to offer to help, In a relationship don't split. Take turns. You get one date he gets one date. Whoever suggested the date and place should pay.

• Where is the option for I'm not paying? I can't afford it so if he want to take me there, he would have to pay it all always.
    I can only afford fast food (on the good month).

• If the restaurant is that expensive, I think whoever invites the other should treat.

• Dutch treat

• I'll offer to at least help pay something if he pays a large bill

• Mostly we take turns, but if it's extremely high or something like that, we just split the bill

• My girlfriend and I always pay for what we bought.