Do women care if they've made a guy angry?

It seems like when a woman is angry at a guy because of something he did or said and she told him about it, the guy will care and feel bad. But if the guy is angry and let's her know it she won't really care or will even think he's being a baby and shouldn't be so mad. Why do women want to be taken seriously but don't want to take a guy seriously when he's upset?

3513

Most Helpful Girl

• I care if a guys angry. If he’s willing to talk it out and explain the problem I will work on the issue. If the guys just pissy out of the blue and I’m clueless to what happened I ask. If he won’t tell me after I’ve asked 10 times what I did I’ll get mad. I don’t like stressing and going over everything I’ve done for the last year to figure out the problem. If we can resolve the issue at hand I’m more then willing. If the problem started years and years ago and I’m just learning about it I get pissed. I don’t take notes.

Most Helpful Guy

• Women are fueled by interaction. Some even start arguments to get a rise out of men, so arguing back is just a game to them.
    The best way to get them is with silence, just stop talking and it hits them harder than a chris brown.

• Yah.. that won't work with me. I will just lose interest.

• @HOAAH cool with me. I told my girlfriend she can do certain things with other people, like talk about girl stuff, or have a girls night out, or have conversations on topics I don't understand.
      I am not a God, so I can't be her EVERYTHING.

However, the only thing she cannot do (nor can I) is kiss/have sex/etc with someone else. Those things are the basis of our (and most) relationships and everything else is an added bonus.

• @HOAAH Also, I'm talking about arguments, not normal conversation.

What Girls Said 34

• Of course I care. Just because someone is upset that does t mean I will automatically think they are right or give them what they want, but if they are someone I care about, it means a LOT to me if they feel upset or hurt.

• -Personally, I try to keep everyone from getting angry. Impossible task.-

However, when it comes to guys... hmm. Actually, no, I'm not the best person to answer this because the last guy I dated had explosive anger. Walked on eggshells every moment I was breathing.

So, yeah, I did care when he was angry.

• Not all women don't care. I care very much when someone is unhappy with me. He it my mom, dad, sister. But especially my significant other. The only people who get mad at me and I don't care when they get mad at me is my kids. But that's because they wanna do ridiculous shit, like drink the shampoo.

• I do care, but it also depends on what they’re angry about. If it’s because he did something wrong and he’s getting mad at me for pointing it out, then no, they need to own up to it. However, if it was something that I said to like hurt his feelings in a way, then I’d feel sad and apologize to him. Otherwise, it’ll haunt me for the rest of day or week.

• I think it's unfair to lump all women into that category. Personally, I only have an issue when he's making me play guessing games as to why he's pissed off. I don't make guys guys. I tell them flat out I think it's only fair to expect the same. I will be honest and say there have been some things guys have been mad about that have made me scratch my head and go "really? Are you fucking kidding me with this shit?" But usually I try to step back and see things from his perspective and try to understand better why he's pissed off.
    Very rarely do I act like a guy has no right or reason to be angry though.

• It's unfortunately but a lot of men have been generalized too. I know you're a great gal that's all that matters. There some great women on here but they are the minority.

• @burpzzzzz Right you are.

• Depends on the person and the situation.

A family or friend yes.

A boss who is bullying me and being a total dick and caused me to have a panic attack, no I couldn't give a shit if he's angry. He deserved it.

• i think those women you're talking about are simple selfish and actually not caring about their partner.
    when you care about someone it do matter for you that how they feel. especially when they feel bad because of YOU.

• I do, since I know no one will get mad for no reason. Means I have done something wrong. I will talk to them about it, and apologize.

• Yes I care, I want to see him smile.

• This depends entirely on the individual. Not all women behave that way, just as not all men care when they upset women.

• If I'm not angry I'll care and make everything I can to undo the situation. But when I'm angry and the other person is also angry I'll not care because I'm with bad judgment at the moment.

• I do, initially, but my level of remorse may shift depending on how much of a jerk he is when his temper flares. I'm not perfect and I don't go out of my way to hurt or upset people. I'd prefer if a guy used his words and told me straight up "you're being offensive" or "I don't like the the way you handled that", etc. instead of flipping out on me.

• Most women care about other people, some women don't, but most do.
    Otherwise, there'd be a lot more babies being abandoned in dumpsters.

While the absence of empathy is very rare for anymore, it is FAR more common in men

• "far more common in men"... you sure?

• When you say it's far more common in men, do you have any evidence to back up your claim? Or are you just asserting your opinions as fact?

• @Wesley_5577 When the only credential required for participation in, and evaluation of, a discussion on the internet (or really anywhere else) is having an email address, you'd be wise to take EVERYTHING as opinion, even if you really, REALLY agree with it, even if it's really well presented. Always, every time, no matter what.
      That said, the absence of empathy is a hallmark of an Antisocial Personality Disorder (i. e. a sociopath) which is far more common amongst men and I believe that I read that in the DSM IV but I don't really remember.

• Oh damn when I realize I have made my guy bad and like he is right and I behaved like a Bitch, I feel super bad and be around him and try to make it up to him, so yes I care a lot, when he was right lol

• Yes I'd care if I made a guy angry. He's a person I don't like mailing people angry

• That's not always the case. It depends on who is more in touch with their emotional intelligence. With my husband and I, it's me who understands feelings more and feel bad if i don't accept him for who he is and empathize with him. It's him who thinks i should have no feelings or opinions at all and just go along with what he wants.

• then he doesn't sees you as his partner. just like someone who does what he wants

• @LunaJ yah, but if I empathize with myself and accept my own opinion, different from him he will get angry. It is what it is

• i wouldn't stay with a guy who not respects me. but it's your choice, I'm just telling my opinion

• If it's a stranger, IDGAF. But if it's someone I know, of course I care.

• Depends on the situation I would have to think. If you're in a relationship with someone you should be considerate of your patterns feelings. You should care and when people get angry they tend to say things in the heat of the moment, thus causing more issues. If anyone gets angry you should give them space to cool down.

• I care.

• Yeah sometimes cause I don't want my partner to be stressed.

• I care if I make anyone angry. I try to figure out what I did wrong and rectify the situation. Especially if I care about you.

• Yeah I do

• i care it

• I do care

• I don't intentionally make people angry, and I try to be considerate. But if we just can't get along then we just can't along. I'm not gonna bend over backwards to accommodate someone.

• nooo. all men can kiss my beatiful butt... i mean not being arrogant but if they dont understand jokes and get angry they r not worth of anything

• wow so what if the same rules applies to you and you can't handle their jokes should they not care?

• think maybe next time your words should be much softer

• @troychapman sure and thanks. u r very nice

• I care if I make a guy angry. I think I actually care too much...

• Of course?

• Even if it was international, I do feel bad, but I don't show it much... I guess I learnt it turns the game around.
    But I do feel scolded as hell.

• No, usually I am too angry myself to care. I will come crawling back in less than an hour though.

• More from Girls
    4

What Guys Said 12

• My latest date was very concerned about making me angry, even when I'm a peaceful person.

So I had exactly the opposite experience.

• I think what has happened here is the processing procedure of different people and you can get that with both genders - I think it depends on the individual rather than their gender

• Man women just need a minute alone to think. During a big fight of course they come off as non caring. But if you leave it alone for a moment they will come back and own up

• Yes in some situations there are women out there that like to get a man angry and try to push all of his buttons to see how far they can actually go and there are some women out there that like to make a man angry to get off on it to the point it will make their own nipples hard as a rock and at the same time make them wet and then cum...

• That depends on the woman, I'd say. Women are as diverse in personality as anyone else

• No. Most women do not care due to societal norms. Women are the submissive; the ones acted upon. Men are the dominant; the ones who take action upon others. This leads to relationships where men are constantly criticised and told how to treat a woman and be a "real" man, but you never hear the reverse. Whenever fathers and men in general decide to stop treating their daughters and female friends like they're somehow more than human, this problem will be greatly decreased.

• I suppose I should say, rather, that: our societal norms are an exaggerated form of the natural male and female dynamics.

• Some do, some dont

• Many don't, they use reverse psych and play the victim like my Bitch ex wife...

• Anyone's opinion other than their own doesn't matter.

• nope not atal

• Women make emotional based judgements. A woman who is emotionally in love with a guy will apologize for dropping pan in the sink when he's fixated on a sporting event on TV. It doesn't matter if he is a douche or not... her EMOTION dictates if she worried about hurting.

Flip side a man could be the greatest bf/husband for 10 years and one day does something wrong to hurt her... everything he did in the past 10 years means jack. Only NOW matters to women.

I had an ex girlfriend who used to apologize reflexively when she shouldn't have. But three weeks after we split up she told me "tough luck your an ex" when I got very bad news about something that was going to impact the rest of my life.

We didn't have angry breakup, just a sad one. But entire good year before that had zero impact on her decision to treat me as less than human because her EMOTION told her it was okay for me to hurt and angry.