Do you lie or keep secrets from your partner?

Just wondering how many of you out there actually keep secrets from your significant other and/or lie?

What kind of things do you hide from your partner and lie about and what is the reason you do this?

• Yes all the time, it's easier that way
  • Yes some of the time, depends on situation
  • No never, always honest no matter the consequence
    Vote C
  • Other, please explain
    Vote D

1820

Most Helpful Guy

• White lies and sins of omission are almost universal. We don't want to expose our darker, less pleasing aspects to potential partners, for fear of rejection. While there may be someone out there who is so compulsively truthful they blurt out everything, I haven't met that person yet.
    I'm a compulsive liar. But I'm also a lazy git. So I lie with the truth. That way, I don't need to remember any false facts. For example; I tell people I'm a sociopath. Almost no one believes this right off, so it seems like a lie, or bravado. However, there's always that slow, creeping doubt, and suddenly they realize "Hey! this guy really IS a sociopath! WTF?" But by then, I've either charmed them or moved on.
    So everything I say is the truth, but much of it is said in a way designed to make you disbelieve it. That way, I have my cake and eat it, too.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to be brutally honest with my SO but when he couldn't handle the truth he would smoother me & falsely accuse me. Allow his mind to imagine the worst situations. Now I don't tell him everything about who I conversate with or who gives me compliments. Any interaction with anyone leads him to believe that they are trying to turn me into someone I'm not. It's unfortunate because I never thought I would have to keep things from my husband but now I understand you shouldn't volunteer all information.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE