Do you lie or keep secrets from your partner?

Just wondering how many of you out there actually keep secrets from your significant other and/or lie?

What kind of things do you hide from your partner and lie about and what is the reason you do this?

• Yes all the time, it's easier that way
  • Yes some of the time, depends on situation
  • No never, always honest no matter the consequence
    Vote C
  • Other, please explain
    Vote D

1820

What Guys Said 20

• Some things are really not another person’s business & when they pry or try and turn it into a big deal I may get secretive. With someone open and non judgmental I share 100%.

Funny thing is that the people who pry the most always act like they share when really they lie/hide the most in my experience.

Most people - I expect - lie out of fear.

• White lies and sins of omission are almost universal. We don't want to expose our darker, less pleasing aspects to potential partners, for fear of rejection. While there may be someone out there who is so compulsively truthful they blurt out everything, I haven't met that person yet.
    I'm a compulsive liar. But I'm also a lazy git. So I lie with the truth. That way, I don't need to remember any false facts. For example; I tell people I'm a sociopath. Almost no one believes this right off, so it seems like a lie, or bravado. However, there's always that slow, creeping doubt, and suddenly they realize "Hey! this guy really IS a sociopath! WTF?" But by then, I've either charmed them or moved on.
    So everything I say is the truth, but much of it is said in a way designed to make you disbelieve it. That way, I have my cake and eat it, too.

• No well first of all im single.. but my rule or thought is once u lie its over its on the down side and will not last

• If you are in a serious relationship, it makes no sense to keep secrets. I do and would tell her everything

• Haven't kept any secrets, but I'm not really eager to telling her about everything I'd done in the past. She's not asking about it, either.

• Other, please explain

• No never, always honest no matter the consequence.

• if a woman dares says she hasn't lied.. just know.. its BULLSHIT.

• Just white lies - something like I don't tell her I went to the mall to get her some gift.

• No, it's much better when you don't lie to them or keep secrets from them.

• Of course. Dishonesty is a tool like any other.

• never keep secrets from your partner. it is better to deal with things in the open than it is to hide shit.
    things are always worse when you get caught in a lie

• I am always honest but i dont tell people everything about me, and certain things you just dont say. "Do i look fat in these jeans?"...

• I'm single

• Sometimes I lie and sometimes I have a secret but nothing important.

• too bad i rust them

• What patner?

• I'm still single. and I will keep my secrets to me

• I'd say one of the most common lies are women deflating their true numbers of partners of men and women...

• Occasionally, lie about flirting. I've never had physical contact with another women but some pretty steamy conversations. Have you kept secrets from your partner?

What Girls Said 18

• I don't lie, but I keep secrets that aren't mine to tell. That being said, we don't expect to tell each other everything (when its something that concerns a friend or family member that told us something in confidence). Beyond that, we have very open communication and are brutally honest.

• Never even if I fuck up I tell him and accept my punishment and his anger bc I did deserve it

• The only secrets I keep from my boyfriend revolve around presents. Because I’m not going to tell him what I’m getting him and ruin the surprise. Otherwise we keep nothing from one another.

• I tell him no matter what. I take the consequences. I had to tell him that my ex was talking to me again, and he did get mad about it, but at least I didn't keep it from him which would have been worse because wouldn't that be hiding my ex from him in a way?

I tell him everything, even if he'll be angry.

• Lie never but conversations aren't really a playbook of everything that's happened I'll generally skim over the parts he wouldn't want to know to get to the humorous punch line. He does the same, there's no reason to tell people all the gory details

• i say too much but some things should be left unsaid

• little white lies, i will tell. But the important stuff, honesty. Especially if i expect him to do the same

• Never ever

• Truth hurts but facing it is better than hiding it!

• I think some things are none of his business, for example if someone hits on me. But I dont lie.

• Nah he knows everything about me haha makes it easier

• I never directly lie to them, but I'll omit details sometimes or not bring things up. We value honesty, but I'll keep secrets as long as I don't think it's a big deal, and I know he does too.

• I try not to say anything as much as possible 😝😝

• Nope never

• C, but I should really do B. I think a good reason is when your family doesn't approve of him. It would only hurt him to know, so why tell it, when you don't plan on leaving him any time soon and don't want him to change to get their approval?

• no never

• If you have to lie to your partner, you're probably in the wrong relationship. Relationship build and grow with trust and communication. Lying and keeping secrets from your partner literally shows that there is no trust. The only reason I would keep a secret from my partner is if my friend has told me something about themselves that they told me not to tell anyone. As of me, I would never keep a secret from my partner. I'll always be honest and that way we can grow and better ourselves.

• I used to be brutally honest with my SO but when he couldn't handle the truth he would smoother me & falsely accuse me. Allow his mind to imagine the worst situations. Now I don't tell him everything about who I conversate with or who gives me compliments. Any interaction with anyone leads him to believe that they are trying to turn me into someone I'm not. It's unfortunate because I never thought I would have to keep things from my husband but now I understand you shouldn't volunteer all information.