Privacy in relationships. Would you let your partner go through your phone?

I have never had an issue with someone that I'm dating or in a relationship with who wanted access to everything nor have I ever wanted access, so this concept is new to me. However, one of my couple friends allows each other to go through each other's phones as a "check up." Seems very distrustful to me. Would you do it?

• Yes, it is their right in a relationship to have access to everything concerning you
  • Yes, only if I'm around to watch them go through it.
  • Yes, who cares
    Vote C
  • No, my phone is my privacy/boundary
    Vote D

1616

What Guys Said 16

• Hard to imagine. If I were dating someone and she suggested that she wanted to see what I have on my phone, it would be the last conversation we would ever have. I would say "Sorry, I thought you were someone else. I'm afraid this is not going to work."

• This is a habit of insecure and untrusting couples.

• I have nothing to hide

• Sure, after a certain point. After we have been together a good amount of time.

• I've always allowed my girlfriend (ex) to go through my phone, but I've never gone through hers. If I'm going to cheat I'm not going to do it on my phone anyways.

• My phone is rarely locked and it's usuallysomewere in sight

• If there isn't enough trust to leave each other's phones alone then there is probably something wrong in the relationship.

• Yeah and iam, she always goes trough my phone messages and i dont really care.

• See relationships are based on your mutual trusts and respect so if you trust your partner and you have got nothing to hide then why not? :)

• No. Asking to indicates a degree of distrust that is enough to kill the relationship.

• No..

• Nope

• Wouldn't care

• Sure, I'm not hiding anything.

• do the same to them !!!

• At least let me up have something to keep my individuality

What Girls Said 16

• I don’t care if my boyfriend gets on my phone. I do have an issue if he feels the need to search through it. That just screams distrust.

• Sure but I'd be kinda pissed off if they asked me if they could look through my phone, I don't like feeling like the person I'm with doesn't trust me

• If I had a partner, sure, but they're gonna see all the hentai pictures of cartoons I have in my gallery

• 1d

Nice 😅
      Same here. I have porn on my smartphone and they better be in place when I get my smartphone back :>

• Sure if they wanted but I've never been in a situation where I was asked or asked. Trust is very important

• yes, i don't talk anyone or message anyone.

• Sure, he pays for my phone and I have nothing to hide so why not?

• we know each others pin codes for our phones

• I've got nothing to hide. So why not

• Yes, who cares? I say if I ask to look at your phone then you have something to hide. I never had a problem with a guy looking at my messages. I know people say that 'Well, that just means you don't trust me.' Honestly, if your SO wants to look at your phone, then you are probably doing something to cause them to mistrust you so you should ask what it is instead of get defensive. Defensive people tend to be guilty.

• I don’t touch my husbands phone

• My parents don't go through each other's phone. They use it when they don't want to get up to get their own.

I think "Going through" is a sign of distrust.
    Just let your partner use your phone like they would use your tv remote.

• fuck no

• My boyfriend is allowed to go through my phone

• no i wouldn't let

• A guy I was seeing did that which really p***** me off tbh. If we were official then sure why not, but until then back up!!

• There isn't a point. You can agree to allow each other to go through each other's phones but if one is hiding something they can just delete it. I've been with my guy 7 years. We don't even talk about it. Sometimes he will say hey get that for me or what does the text say but we aren't obsessing over going through each other's phones because that isn't going to stop anything.