What do you think of traditional gender roles in a relationships?

326

What Guys Said 26

• I think we as a society need to maybe dial it back a few years to a time when the kids had their mom at home for all the love and encouragement that young ones need growing up and let the old man go back to work and support the family he loves so much. The reason I say this isn't to keep women barefoot and pregnant or to stifle a male or female role in the world but more to say look back at what our society used to be like, we had children that never shot up schools we had kids that respected their elders and were taught to be seen and not heard. These things seem to have been lost somehow and one of many factors is the Swift change in the modern family dynamics. If you have no children then hey do your thing have Mr. Mom and Mrs. Moneymaker i think that's up to the idividuals involved but when we start to raise children I think things should be less selfish and should be directed towards what is best for a child's growing emotional and psychological needs and look man hundreds of thousands of years of nature evolving a being to serve a particular role in nature like raising offspring or protecting the offspring can't be argued with. If you need further evidence look at how many divorces we had prior to the major shift in traditional roles and look at how many children as I stated earlier shot up schools or murdered their parents. It's virtually unheard of before the 1960's and I'm not condoning keeping women with limited civil rights or anything like that I'm just saying take a min. and look back to where we come from and where we are headed. To me it's very frightening to think what the next 30 or more years are going to produce when it comes to families and what our children will be like...

• I agree with everything you said, but I think your comparison to the past is not as relevant, because I believe the success of lasting relationships has a heavy correlation with social media usage.

• nice job romanticizing the past..

• It’s not a bad thing directly but honestly, society it’s too build up on those it’s hard to leave them away... personally I think that what it’s called “Role Reversal” or even “Gentle Femdom” is a good way of changing that. Some people like me like that idea but it’s not easy to find people who are into it cause what I explained so yeah, I do think they should be change ^^

• It's what biology designed, why fight it?

• I don't need to rule a woman, but it would be nice if they support us like they used to and not always try to compare etc.

• only really relevent with kids involved, and not concrete even then. guys can raise kids, women can support families finacially.

admittedly girls tend to be more emotionally receptive which makes them suited to raising kids, and guys with their emotional walls tend to be more resiliant to mindnumbing drudgery at work every day.

• I can live with it

• Some aspects of it I pretty much need in order to be happy in a relationship.

Others I can really do without.

• I have no interest in ruling my wife. I need a partner, not a slave.

• With young children it's important to have a parent at home for them as much as possible.
    With no children, it's not nessisary today.

• Division of labour roles has been one of the optimisations of human life that the tribe as a whole benefited from for thousands of years.
    In these times of plenty, women have more options and seem to like a mix of kids and career.

• Good.

• It's great. But the beating? Not so much.
    If you don't want traditional generation, good for you.

• It's a bit off putting at first but i personally believe to always give a woman that freedom to be whoever she wants to be and I'll support that with the mindset of change. I'd never tell a women she has to cook or clean or if she doesn't want a job that that's not ok.

• Whatever works for your specific relationship, just don't force anyone to act a certain way or do certain things

• Don't have problems with that, if the couple is enough intelligent to understand how it really works

• Overall positive. I want a woman who acts like one.

• I looove to disregard theim :)

• I like tomboys, so I throw every gender role out of the window

• Man and woman

• I think that's dead

• Traditions are old boring and predictable.. out of box is new daring bold and interesting..

• I don't mind them, but I don't think they should be forced upon relationships.

• I think it is ok

• I think that they work if the woman and the man love each other.

• Makes no difference to me it should be based on Mutual understanding

• Like mother should take care of the kids, father as single income? No that isn't even much of an option nowadays. Times are rather tough. However in chivalrous acts, I deem it as essential.

What Girls Said 3

• i dont think of them

• They can be beneficial to most relationships.

• They are fine.