How long before going official? How long is too long to wait for a guy that won’t commit?

Anonymous
I’ve been kinda dating a guy for the last 8 months. Our situation is complicated because we’re kind of long distance. We dated for two months, I moved away, and we see each other for a weekend once a month, keeping in touch through text most days.

Anyway, it’s been 8 months and he still doesn’t want to be exclusive or put a label on our relationship. I’m getting to the point where I feel it’ll never become anything more than casual dating whereas I want a relationship. Keep in mind this guy is 33 which I feel is a suitable time to want to settle down etc. he’s told me in the past he’s looking for the one, and he tells me I’m beautiful/sexy/smart/amazing so why won’t he commit to me?

Is he just stringing me along? How long is too long to be dating someone “casually” without being an official couple?
2
2