Why do I like older guys so much?

When I was small I would have crushes on older guys, not even a few years older but like 20 years older than me and I’ve had crushes on my teachers and try to flirt with them and literally any older guy who gives me attention. I’ve never been attracted to guys my age OR around my age AT ALL. It’s getting me in trouble. What do I do

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I worry about the pseudoscience that I'm sure others are putting on her and which I'm going to add to about the entirely theoretic wiring of pre historic man. However to the best of my thought that's all I have.
    In nature it is survival of the fittest back in the "stone age" most humans didn't make it to thirty i would even put forward that a ridiculous percentage didn't even make it out of childhood. So by natural selection the older more successful males were the best genes to pass down and the children of the women who were attracted to them were more successful in not only genetics but by having an experienced father, thus securing the gene pool and giving you a hormone crazed monkey brain, enjoy.
    Again all subjective

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• There is nothing wrong with dating an older man... that is when you become legal. The problem comes when the amount of the age gap and how far you want the relationship to go. Say if you are 20 and he is 45. and you get married. When you are 45 he will be 70. You could be changing his diapers and taking care of an old man.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 24

• There is nothing wrong in having crush on older guys. But you are below 18 so you should try to focus on studies now. Complete your graduation first. Build a strong career.
    Don't run to get into any relationship. Take your time. Wait for the ideal guy to enter in your life. It takes time to find an ideal partner.

1|1
    0|0
  • Actually, it'd more likely to get the older guys in trouble for things like sexual harassment. Wait until you're 18, and by then you may anyhow have different preferences. What you're experiencing is not completely unusual (lots of people have crushes on teachers), but at your age it's not appropriate to act on them (and these older guys definitely should not flirt back or do anything else with you).

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a common thing. Women mature a lot quicker than men. And being a lecturer I see it often in students. I would say it's a phase but try not to get into too much trouble

1|0
    0|0
  • Thats litteraly normal.. most girls think that way. The fact that they have theyre shit together.. that theyre drama free and confident. And a huge thing [from peraonal experience ;) ] is the rush from having an older person lust after me even though i was a minor. Being naughty that way :D it made me so turned on lol. K1k me! Wisconsinning! Ill teach you all about it!

0|0
    0|0
  • you're attracted to to whom you're attracted to darlin, its ok. But you have to remember at your age you can get them in serious trouble, so if you care for someone be careful of that.

0|0
    0|0
  • This is perfectly normal, but I must advise not pursuing a relationship with an older gentleman until you're a bit older yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well you can date guys your age with the same maturity as older guys... That's if you can find one 🤔

0|0
    0|0
  • My sister was the same way, she eventually married one and they've been together ever since. To each their own

1|0
    0|0
  • Because we are hot- and sexy! Haha! No, sorry, don´t know what does it for you or why it is so.

0|0
    0|0
  • Go with the flow. It might be cus you see them more of a father figure. It will probably change as you get older

0|0
    0|0
  • You just like mature men. If you wait a while you might like guys your own age as they are mature

0|0
    0|0
  • Your just learning about yourself you will grow out of that

0|0
    0|0
  • wow, hard one, i honestly don't know,
    fantasize about them?

0|0
    0|0
  • Cause you have daddy issues

1|0
    0|0
    • No that’s why you look for the older guys to be your father like figure and take care of you teach you etc... only you fuck them too lol not judging but that’s only thing that makes sense

• Probably getting them in trouble too. Stop it

0|1
    1|0
  • It's security and the experience probably 😊

1|0
    0|0
  • Because you like being told what to do

1|0
    0|0
  • Wait 2 years so you won't get THEM in trouble...

1|0
    0|0
  • Use protection. Older guys have been around...

0|0
    0|0
  • it's your personal preference

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 3

• I like older guys too. Not exactly like 20 years older but I know how your feeling

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it's perfectly normal. Don't worry. I have seen many people having same problem.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nothing wrong with age gap, same sex, interracial, interfaith or consangenous dating. As long as both are legal.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes