Would you leave her if she couldn't get pregnant?

Be honest, if your girlfriend/wife/significant other couldn't conceive children, would you leave?

658

Most Helpful Guy

• Never! Of course I'd stay. If the only children we could have were adopted I could live with that and... to be honest with the fact that my oldest brother hasn't been able to have kids I honestly kind of worry that if I can't have kids it will be my fault =/ Either way... Starting a family is only one aspect of it in my eyes... I don't care what happens. I can trust God that whatever happens will work out for the best.

What Guys Said 57

• Its complex, because I wouldn't be involved with someone who I knew in advance couldn't have kids. However if we found out while trying to conceive that she's infertile, it'd be like, well we need to pursue other options. I would have to love someone so much to want to have kids with them that I highly doubt I could handle their sudden absence from my life, I wouldn't be trying to leave. Maybe different means of trying to conceive, or doing it with another more fertile woman, maybe adoption if necessary (though I want kids with my own traits and DNA) but I wouldn't leave in That circumstance. If she didn't tell me about being infertile throughout our relationship & knew I would leave because its a lie by omission.

• No, that would be ideal. I don't want kids.

• If we were married, I would be quite sad but I think infertility depends on both in some cases, sometimes she is just infertile or he is. I thought about adopting before. I wouldn't mind it but man, I would love to have my own child. It would be very hard to overcome.

• Nope
    Because she is my girlfriend/wife/significant other, not a breeder female or a surrogate.

• Certainly NOT. Not now and not 40 years ago.

• No I plan on adoption and the maybe one biological child but if she can't then adopting is the way to go :)

• No! The person I marry one day will be absolutely one-of-a-kind, there will be absolutely nobody else like her. I’m never taking that for granted. The inability to get pregnant is a stupid reason to divorce, especially when you could just adopt! I get that it’s expensive and a long process, but isn’t that EASILY worth being able to stay with someone?

• No way- that is not a reason for me to break up with her. We could look at adoption

• I want kids, a LOT!
    but I think love overcomes all, if I was in love with a woman, and she couldnt bear children I wouldn't mind. I would rather be happy, in love, and having other out lets for us to explore that are not related to childdren

Adoption is always an option.

• Why would you presume we'd lie in such a response? For me, the purpose of getting into a relationship is companionship, not for having children. A woman's infertility wouldn't be a deal breaker for me at all.

• Why leave? Think about all of those opportunities for sex you'd be leaving behind... 😂

Or, it would depend on whether or not I was the one having the trouble impregnating her... 😂

Okay serious answer: There's always adoption. A lot of babies and children need homes.

• Not at all... but I don't want kids either

• Tbh no I would not bc my current fiancé can’t have anymore children and I love her very much for everything she has done for me and I do for her!

• Why is that a reason to leave because she can’t make kids doesn’t matter adoption and plus you can have semen planted into another egg that is contained in a lab and then planted into her

• Id prefer it

• No. There are so many amazing children out there who can't wait to be adopted. Blood is not everything.

• No... that ain't very cool. If I had a girlfriend i would not leave her just because she can't conceive children.

• Coooooourse not. But that's me and my beliefs.

• Definitely not. I love my wife very much and if it turns out we can't have kids, we'd find a way to have a family together.

• No. I love her for who she is.

• Noup. To adopt a kid is an option.

• Not if she would consider a surrogate or a poly relationship. Otherwise yeah, kids are important to me.

• I´ll adopt.

• Nah kids are optional anyway

• I would start by talking with her, how she feels about adopting a kid.

• Nope, Can't have kids that's OK there are other ways to conceive kids.

• No, thats weird to do that. Like adoption and science have a way for it. Plus it means she's not gonna get streched out and you dont need domers.

• Nope, I fell in love with the person not the condition she's in, we could always adopt a child

• I rather her not want kids, she already wants to get everything cut, tied and burned off. C:

• I would not leave her however i would want my bloodline to continue, i would suggest every option including surrogate, adoption would be a last resort. I would like to have a kid of own. i don't think thats a heartless thing.

• More from Guys
    27

What Girls Said 6

• No, we're just trying harder. We've been working on getting pregnant with the help of our Doctors. It's been both frustrating and rewarding especially when we come so close and then things go wrong. Just because a woman can't become pregnant, or have a biological child is absolutely no reason to break up! It's all the more reason to grow closer to support and love each other that much more. If it never happens then we will adopt there's no reason not to love an adopted child any less than a biological child, they're your child and they were wanted in the first place!

• I would not leave them at all. They could not be able to conceive for a medical reason, or maybe they have a reason that forced their hand with this. There are other ways to have genetic kids, and not being able to have a child shouldn't be a reason to leave a significant other.

• Ofcourse not!

• If I'm a boy, I'll not leave my love only because she can't get pregnant.

• Probably. They should have kids

• Depends if she gives up even after considering adoption