What was the worst thing you have experienced in a relationship?

1032

Most Helpful Guy

• a woman that thinks she has gotta pull me away from my family because she is a bitch and thinks i couldnt get anyone else i hate a woman like that

Most Helpful Girl

• Emotional/mental abuse. I am not saying one is better than the other but, to me, I would have rather been physically abused than mentally destroyed.
    Bones heal and bruises fade. The emotional damage though, that's something I deal with everyday. It's been almost four years since I left. But those three years I spent being a verbal punching bag for him have left a lasting impression.
    It's effected my relationships and my trust negatively. There are nights I still can't sleep because I'm afraid he's going to come back and start with the threats and stalking again.
    Again, I am not saying physical abuse is better, just that to me, I would have rather taken hit or broken bones over letting him rip me down and have me so low I wrote suicide notes and held a knife to my wrist or pulled my car into the garage and thought I could just go to sleep and it will all be over.