Why does my boyfriend suck at texting so much?

Caliigirl
I've been with my boyfriend for a little over a year and one thing about him that I absolutely hate is his texting habits. He's a busy person, he works 12 hour shifts almost 5 days a week. I'm trying so hard to be understanding and I get he can't text me all the time when he's working, but he's like this also when he's not working. I barely hear from him. It makes me feel like he doesn't care/want to talk to me. Usually I am the one initiating the conversation and when he does reply, it's usually always one word answers. He tells me he's not big on texting and that he'd rather talk on the phone. That's not a problem with me, except for the fact that he doesn't even call me, it's usually me calling. However, when we are together in person, he's absolutely amazing and gives me all the attention and is affectionate. I guess I'm the type of person who likes to text so it kind of bothers me that he's not that type of person. I don't know why I always thinks he doesn't care to talk to me or if he really cared, he would text me throughout the day. Am I being ridiculous?
Why does my boyfriend suck at texting so much?
Add Opinion